The Thousand Pound Range Rover

Wack

Just in case anybody was interested I'll do my best to put you off , the details of the engine are documented at the beginning of the thread
Since I've had it I've MOTD in April so about 9 months mot , needed £11 spending on it

Known faults

Bit of a noise that you can only hear with the windows open on a terraced street, think it's the shield on the brake disc

AC works as does the heater but the direction needs sorting out , it's on your feet then after a while there's a whoosh and it's on the screen and vents , this can be 10 minutes or an hour , Aparrently the control box distorts so the flaps stick , fixable with a screw to straighten it so I read but I haven't got round to doing it

Heated seats work but after a while you get one hot cheek , digits on radio are almost illegible , tune it at 9:30am once you get to Ken Bruce stop

Needs the inner arches welding , not visible from outside as they're behind the rear doors

Electric steering wheel doesn't work, never checked why as it's in the right place and I'm not Cyril Smith so I don't need it to move out of the way when I get in and out
2 keys

I changed the wheels for 19" with mint Pirelli scorpion tyres , this has caused an issue with vibration when ticking over, well documented ,something to do with the driveshaft going through the gearbox and the reason 19" wheels aren't available on the TD6, still got the original wheels but the tyres are shot , 19" cost £350 IIRC

Just had a used towbar put on it which cost me £300 fitted

It's for sale as I don't really use it much but it is handy , only advertised on here at £2500 which is around what a breaker makes

When I said I had £2500 In it I forgot about the towbar and AC regas , front wheel bearing and brake caliper so around £3100

all the big jobs have been done ,to summarise

Engine done about 90k

RR done 152k

Tyres have 10mm

Mot to April 19

Gearbox reconditioned about 5 years ago

Suspension done 2016

Decent spec

Sunroof working

A.c. working but direction wants looking at

Front and rear parking sensors both working

Air suspension stays up even if left for days so no leaks

Really nice sounding stereo

Engine sweet as

4 electric windows working

Remote locking working

Steering wheel controls

Cruise control works

Heated front windscreen only 1/2 works and it's the wrong half

I saw one of these driving about the other day, on about an 03 plate. blacked out windows and a piece of laminated A4 paper sellotaped to the outside of the rear screen saying 'SORRY NO TURN SIGNALS'. Also smoking like a mutha.

Ha Ha I saw that driving about Ashbourne and it made me laugh. I did pass him and all I had was a 'suspension fault' on my dash so I felt superior.

Bear with me here...I've thought about this before as a way of getting selling teresting yet justifiably pricey vehicles (while wondering how to get rid of the Volvo)...

• A roffle, possible numbers from 2 to 118 inclusive, ticket cost £21.50 (you'd get £2515.50).
  • The winner of the roffle is then the person who chooses the number which becomes the total from adding up the number on two consecutive bonus balls (i.e. a Wednesday + a Saturday).

i.e., if The Moog (:-D) chooses number 78, and the bonus ball numbers are 20 and then 58, he would win*.

You couldn't allow people to choose 1 for obvious reasons. But you remain just as likely to win with 2 as you do with 118 so I don't see how it disadvantages anyone.

The upsides are that the tickets are affordable*, but it should take a while (as long as the nutters stay away) to fill the 117 tickets up and in that time you can still enjoy smoking about in it and feeling uncertain about selling it. :-D

Honestly, this is one of the best* ideas ever and as long as I have no part in its organisation it should be quite fun to watch and the draw-night nerves would be shart-tacular. :-D

I bear no responsiblity for loss of hair/relationship or any other maladies that come about from actually listening to this silly bit of advice

It doesn't want to be sold, since I've had it the blower has been on your feet then after a while there's a click click whoosh and its vents and screen until you turn it off then something resets and it goes back to feet

today I turn it on and it's fine, vents, feet, screen, wherever you want it, I'll have to start talking nicely to it 

Bear with me here...I've thought about this before as a way of getting selling teresting yet justifiably pricey vehicles (while wondering how to get rid of the Volvo)...

• A roffle, possible numbers from 2 to 118 inclusive, ticket cost £21.50 (you'd get £2515.50).
  • The winner of the roffle is then the person who chooses the number which becomes the total from adding up the number on two consecutive bonus balls (i.e. a Wednesday + a Saturday).
i.e., if The Moog (:-D) chooses number 78, and the bonus ball numbers are 20 and then 58, he would win*.

You couldn't allow people to choose 1 for obvious reasons. But you remain just as likely to win with 2 as you do with 118 so I don't see how it disadvantages anyone.

The upsides are that the tickets are affordable*, but it should take a while (as long as the nutters stay away) to fill the 117 tickets up and in that time you can still enjoy smoking about in it and feeling uncertain about selling it. :-D

Honestly, this is one of the best* ideas ever and as long as I have no part in its organisation it should be quite fun to watch and the draw-night nerves would be shart-tacular. :-D

I like the thinking outside the box but this method doesn't work, the chances aren't even. If you pick number 2 you only have a 1 in 3481 chance of winning, same for 118, but chances are much higher for the mid range numbers.

I bear no responsiblity for loss of hair/relationship or any other maladies that come about from actually listening to this silly bit of advice

Lets say i picked 2. there is only one way of getting 2. Both balls would have to be 1. now lets say i pick 4

j could win if 1,3 or 2,2 or 3,1 so 3 different ways to win on that basis i'd pick 59 and 60 ?