No bucket wrong'un: the stoner cast off E46 318CI

HMC

So this now has working brakes, sorted window regulator, sorted dashclocks, starts and drives and works fine. It looks quite smart now it's cleaned up apart from some wheel arch bubbles. All tyres good. MOT to may. Does anyone want to swap it? Not an x box but ideally another low value car.

Wish I had adopted that attitude when I briefly owned an early Sapphire Cosworth a few years ago, rather than selling it to my sister's ex.

Was that at the time they were still being seen as council estate touring cars? To be fair I don't think many people saw the huge price hike coming to them

Also got a fair bit of history and the DVLA suprisingly gave me a V5 without charge despite only being able to offer them the scribbled over torn remnants of the v5c/2 that I salvaged from the boot of the car.

Was that at the time they were still being seen as council estate touring cars? To be fair I don't think many people saw the huge price hike coming to them

2010. Right at the bottom of their value bell curve. Bought for 3 grand sold after 6 months for 3 grand. It was almost worth more in parts at that time but as far as I know it lives on in Middlesex somewhere

That 3 series looks not bad like. Would have sold before your first ambulance chaser phone call if advertised at that price over here.

Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs or anything, but would you be better off asking a bit more for it? Anyone with something about them (i.e. the sort of people you want to sell to) will look at a £350 318i with the wrong wheels and think 'fucked', leaving you to deal with the sort of potless no-hopers who, say, leave the house to see a £350 car with £200 in their pocket, spend £25 of that on a taxi getting there, then kick off when you politely decline their offer of £175 on the grounds they can't afford a taxi back as well (a decade on and I've still managed to avoid selling another cheap car to a member of the public).

Swap 4 some hydroponix gear m8. I need to get rid cos of court injunctions.

I do kind of agree about the price, the rock bottom prices really draws out the best of society* £500 quid may bring out more genuine buyers.

The main problem I seem to have is getting people to come and see the car and talk face to face. They all want to agree a price before even seeing the car, which makes fucking no sense at all.

Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs or anything, but would you be better off asking a bit more for it? Anyone with something about them (i.e. the sort of people you want to sell to) will look at a £350 318i with the wrong wheels and think 'fucked'

Absolutely. The idea of something being reassuringly expensive is true, as people may think you are trying to quickly offload something that is shit if it is too cheap.

Mark up the price a bit and you could end up with the more sensible punters.