Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

• 3 weeks later...

Bump! I seem to remember saabnut mentioned he'd be ok with visitors but whether that amounts to hosting sf 18 in his field is another thing entirely. Great setting though!

Wherever it's held I need to decide- Wartburg, LDV stealth police special or whatever else I may have acquired in the meantime!

I wish my house was big enough to hold it! I could arrange a nice museum visit too.

Is there anywhere in your Area that would allow a load of ruffians to camp there?! I can make enquiries round Derbyshire if any interest. But I do like Wales and would love to explore Scotland

Yes. AnthonyG tends to show up in something shamefully (shamelessly?) modern and is always forgiven. (Actually a rather nice car, but I’ve never been brave enough to say so in public.)

Question is do I bring the guaranteed future shite Duster Access or the honorary shite because Cat C and not repaired van?

Portsmouth is already fixed in my diary ;)  And it's midweek so I understand not everyone will be able to get the time off, but it's fine.  Those who can will be welcome.  Shitefest.... well depending on when and where, I might make it.  My holiday dates have to be slammed in early, so they're all fixed now.

If nobody steps up shortly I will volunteer for organising one again, probably at the Llangollen Motor museum unless anywhere else springs to mind. I'd prefer to travel further afield though!

I mean, that'd be great in terms of Invacar missioning! Scotland does seem quite daunting in that (plus, if it was before July, I'd use something else. The Invacar's first mission will be to Festival of the Unexceptional. Possibly to Thundersley afterwards).

As I stated before, all be it somewhat foolishly, I am willing to host something if required. However it would have to avoid Le Mans (mid June), Le Mans Classic (Mid July) and the SOC meet mid August so dates would have to be worked around. Also, I only have one bog and one shower (but a lot of surrounding forests and a stream through the garden!).

When is Shitefest being planned to be?

How many people are likely to attend?

How many tents are expected? I might have to move a bit of scrap around! Van/car parking is plentiful!

My post code is AB30 1 to give you an idea. Nearest pub is about 4 miles away, nearest shop the same. Nearest road is a mile from me, and the track a little rough, so lowered M8 cars may have problems, but the Cobra gets up and down fine if you take your time.