Shitefest 2018 (U.K.) Chez Saabnut 9-10th june

HMC

Screenshot_20180523-074611.png

I don't think I've ever done 1200 miles in one weekend before... May pussy out of the extra bit in Scotland, not sure really...

The extra part will be well worth it, there's not a great deal of scenery up that East coast section.

I'll be working in Balloch on the Friday so may well do just that route and camp en route.

I mentioned it to my girlfriend who was quite confused about me wanting to camp in a field with a load of folk I don't know on the basis of a common love of ropey old cars.

Guest Hooli

I mentioned it to my girlfriend who was quite confused about me wanting to camp in a field with a load of folk I don't know on the basis of a common love of ropey old cars.

That's where biker birds win, they respond with 'sounds like a rally, let's go' :)

My lass said the same last year

She’s now looking forward to this year more than me I think.

That's because last year you didn't have to a-frame your own car with something you won, nor drive hundreds of miles in it!

Always this year though... (probably, not heard of a shitefest roffle, I'm sure w2 will have 4 or 5 cars to get rid of by then

That's because last year you didn't have to a-frame your own car with something you won, nor drive hundreds of miles in it!

Always this year though... (probably, not heard of a shitefest roffle, I'm sure w2 will have 4 or 5 cars to get rid of by then

Not heard of a Shitefest roffle?! The very person you're talking to ended up with a Lada through one at a Shitefest you were at, and A framed it home!

Ruffgeezer also roffled a box of tat at last year's SF.

Not heard of a Shitefest roffle?! The very person you're talking to ended up with a Lada through one at a Shitefest you were at, and A framed it home!

Ruffgeezer also roffled a box of tat at last year's SF.

Technically I won the Lada and then A-Framed my Cortina home using the Lada. That was an interesting journey!

Blimey shitefest is rapidly becoming second to hoovers for me!

Picking up an Electrolux Glider for someone which is 10 miles from me, he lives in dundee which I need to drive past! So I may (if I'm allowed), stay Sunday night and leave after breakfast Monday, go to Dundee and see him for a few hours (managed to sell him a cleaner I have too, which is nice), then down to Doncaster to drop Hooli's 04 off at his neighbors, then to my granny's for probably tea time, kip there and stay for Tuesday morning and home Tuesday afternoon!

Mr Saab, would you have dry storage space for me to park:

2 Dyson DC04's

1 Electrolux 2000

1 Electrolux Dolphin

1 Electrolux Glider

So I have space to sleep in my car?

Blimey shitefest is rapidly becoming second to hoovers for me!

Picking up an Electrolux Glider for someone which is 10 miles from me, he lives in dundee which I need to drive past! So I may (if I'm allowed), stay Sunday night and leave after breakfast Monday, go to Dundee and see him for a few hours (managed to sell him a cleaner I have too, which is nice), then down to Doncaster to drop Hooli's 04 off at his neighbors, then to my granny's for probably tea time, kip there and stay for Tuesday morning and home Tuesday afternoon!

Mr Saab, would you have dry storage space for me to park:

2 Dyson DC04's

1 Electrolux 2000

1 Electrolux Dolphin

1 Electrolux Glider

So I have space to sleep in my car?

No problem at all sir, plenty* of space in the shed, as I have the Bentley out for the summer.

With less than 2 weeks to go before the descending of the hordes, I thought I had better pull my finger out and get things ready. As said previously, my friend the plumber recommisioned the Port Cludgy and got the hot and cold water running again. Apart from his visit a couple of weeks ago, it has basically been shut up for 6 years, apart from throwing the occasional junk in for "storage", so today I have spent the afternoon and evening clearing the really useful items junk stored in there and given it a clean. Whilst it is still unfit for human habitation, it will do for you lot! :mrgreen:

No, last. Buy it cold and local!

Mr Saab, where is the nearest supermarket to you? Which town etc?

Don't buy it here, will cost a fortune. The mental snp have put prices up. The 8 pack of wee beers i get in Aldi was £3.20 is now £5. I got some in Berwick last weekend, did a booze run.

Oh gosh your right, I heard about that on the news the other day!

Max - we need to buy beer in England! Any Scots want a slab of cheaper beer?

Will we get stopped at the border for contraband?

Nope but if your coming up the A1 you can stop and have a square sausage roll. The wee greasy van there is class.

No, last. Buy it cold and local!

Mr Saab, where is the nearest supermarket to you? Which town etc?

Nearest supermarkets: Crappy Co-Ops in Laurencekirk (6 miles) or Stonehaven (10 miles). Proper Supermarkets Aldi, Lidl and Tesco Montrose (16 miles) or Asda Portlethen (18 miles)