19. Puddlethumper. (p)

20. Squire Dawson

21. Bub2006. Up for a convoy from Midlands

22. Creepingjesus (p)

23. Barry Cade (p)

24. Drum

25. HMC

26. Tayne

27. Dome (Locost, weather and sanity dependent)

28. RobT (p)

29. SierraMikeHotel (train)

30. 3VOM

31. RML2345 (p)

32. Supernaut (hopefully the BMW 320i)

33. kinkersaab

34. Magpie215 (p)

Not entirely sure what my schedule will be that far in advance (life is somewhat hectic due to some mental health issues in the family (not mine) which make it hard to plan in advance just now), but if I'm free I'll try to make a run up for this. Should hopefully be able to stay with a friend relatively locally too, so shouldn't need to take up overnight space.

Not sure what I'll bring...Activa is the obvious choice given it's ability to dispatch distances like a ballistic missile...or the Lada which would be fun, even if I would be deaf by the time I arrived. Probably not the Invacar...think 400-ish miles might be a bridge too far there! Assuming it's even on the road by then, which isn't by any means certain given the usual rate of progress of my projects.

... it'll probably be the Lada really won't it.

Bit of clarification on the bus driving stuff. You can, legally drive a PCV on a normal category B car licence IF all of the following apply:

[] You have held your licence for more than two years.

[] You are aged 21 or over.

[] The vehicle is 30 years or older on the date that it is being driven.

[] No more than 8 passengers are being carried.

[] The vehicle is not being used for hire or reward in any way.

[] Appropriate insurance is in place...and vehicle is road legal etc.

Double check the last one - I missed out on a shot of a mate's coach a few years back because their insurer wouldn't cover anyone without a full category D licence.

That *used* to be readily findable on the DVLA website prior to the redesign a few years ago. Finding that now took significant digging, and contacting a former PCV driving examiner. Given that I intend to buy a coach in the future (Bedford Y-Series Duple Dominant II please), I was determined to find that out. Do plan to actually sit the test at some point anyway, mind you...spent enough hours driving them for work with the L plates in the window! Only missed out on it because of office politics...tester told me I could pass with my eyes closed.

PSV medical cost me £130 when I had it done back in 2010 I think it was for getting my provisional. Which stung a bit as it took the doctor about 5 minutes to fill in.

Although I haven't been on this forum long, considering my history of going to Citroen events in the far south of Englandshire and I am north of Aberdeen and only about 70 miles from this I suppose I should really come along. It depends on work though as I only work two evenings a week and its Friday and Saturday. I would think I would work the Friday, come down on Saturday if I get the night off. Think that will be doable. I would expect to be in my xantia turbodizzler with over 218000 miles on it, and hopefully a new coat of paint by then too.0d42e835093f06ab6e8af41b27c37566.jpg

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Although I haven't been on this forum long, considering my history of going to Citroen events in the far south of Englandshire and I am north of Aberdeen and only about 70 miles from this I suppose I should really come along. It depends on work though as I only work two evenings a week and its Friday and Saturday. I would think I would work the Friday, come down on Saturday if I get the night off. Think that will be doable. I would expect to be in my xantia turbodizzler with over 218000 miles on it, and hopefully a new coat of paint by then too.0d42e835093f06ab6e8af41b27c37566.jpg

Hope you do realise I'll be after a shot again if we do meet up there, Davie! Still reckon she's one of the best motors I've ever owned...and ones I've most narrowly snatched from the jaws of the crusher.

Still massively curious what you're up to with the paint...

Hope you do realise I'll be after a shot again if we do meet up there, Davie! Still reckon she's one of the best motors I've ever owned...and ones I've most narrowly snatched from the jaws of the crusher.

Still massively curious what you're up to with the paint...

Anyone who wants can have a go in her, she's so lovely to drive and travel in. I have more pressing needs of sorting out a fuel leak, and replacing a worn out engine mount before then. It will be a unique xantia once painted. I need to have a vast improvement in the weather, read temperature before painting commences. It will not be perfect but bound to be better than what's there now, even though the bits that still have lacquer on them still have a good finish and shine!

• 2 weeks later...

Vehicle Update

Looks like the bus will not manage to get to Shitefest this year. What with the injectors still in a box on my desk, the man who knows how to put it all back together working in Manchester, buying a house, MoT due on the week of Shitefest and being told I need to find new premises, it's all transpiring to be a colossal pain in the hole to try and get it ready in time. I will try but I'm not bursting my arse over it.

Volvo 740 camping mode it is then.

Shame, but totally understandable. It would have been nice to see my neighbours reaction to a bright yellow decker heading down my track, most of them think I am mad and it would have been nice to confirm it for them! :-D

I am sure the selection of chod arriving will help them make up their minds!

Only 2 months to go.....

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. I might book a half-day at work on the Friday, then.

The offer is open for lending a hand with setting things up Mr SaabNut. I can bring tools and stuff too.

EDIT: Confirmed. Booked the afternoon of Friday the 8th, and also the whole of Monday the 11th off. It's on! It's looking more and more likely I'll be there in the birthday roffle win BMW too!

Guest Hooli

Vehicle Update

Looks like the bus will not manage to get to Shitefest this year. What with the injectors still in a box on my desk, the man who knows how to put it all back together working in Manchester, buying a house, MoT due on the week of Shitefest and being told I need to find new premises, it's all transpiring to be a colossal pain in the hole to try and get it ready in time. I will try but I'm not bursting my arse over it.

Volvo 740 camping mode it is then.

Bugger, but good excuses.

1. Saabnut
2. davidfowler2000
3. FOAD
4. Ghosty
5. Hooli +1
6. beko1987
7. Flat4 (p)
8. Dollywobbler
9. mat_the_cat
10. M'coli (p)
11. Tam (Sat.)
12. Catsinthewelder
13. Heidel_Kakao and Cedric
14. KruJoe (Pleasure Wagon)
15. captain_70s
16. 254575 (109landys3)
17. JohnK
18. cms206 (p)
19. Puddlethumper. (p)
20. Squire Dawson
21. Bub2006. Up for a convoy from Midlands
22. Creepingjesus (p)
23. Barry Cade (p)
24. Drum
25. HMC
26. Tayne
27. Dome (Locost, weather and sanity dependent)
28. RobT (p)
29. SierraMikeHotel (train)
30. 3VOM
31. RML2345 (p)
32. Supernaut (hopefully the BMW 320i)
33. kinkersaab
34. Magpie215 (p) 

35. Sloth in a bowl

My current plans are:

Friday drive north, possibly all the way

Saturday, Sunday Shitefest

Sunday afternoon pick up Mrs Sloth from Aberdeen airport, get boat to Shetland

Monday to Friday explore Shetland, walk, read, drink, chill

Friday afternoon boat back to civilisation

Saturday drive south to Yorkshire, meet with old friend who is rebuilding an Esprit

Sunday home

The cost of the return boat trip to Shetland make everything else seem very reasonable

I'm stupid

I may have to join you either late on the Saturday now or possibly just for the Sunday. I have been reminded I am dog -sitting on the 9th, already in my diary as a prior engagement for the other half. I may say sod it and bring all 5 of them with me but one of them is, quite frankly, an absolute twat to the others so I would, literally, need to have her tied to my leg at all times to avoid carnage. I may look at kennelling 2 of them to reduce the carnage some what but she'd still be trouble. Probably less stressful to head up later. Be sad to miss the convoy up tho :(

What area should I be looking in for campsites btw?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no longer a provisional as I booked my hotel this evening (staying in Maryculter Friday & Saturday). The car is capable so I'm definitely up for it now.

Google says 9 hrs from south London, but with my regular need to decant my bladder it'll be more like 11-12 hours. So will leave around 5am Friday to hopefully be there by late afternoon. I've also booked a cheapie in Selkirk for Sunday night as I don't fancy driving the full distance home on Sunday.

I might be able to convoy up from the west now as I only have to swing by Inverness on the way back.

I imagine that I'll be driving the 405 as the Astra is probably dead and the potential Bulgarian heap won't be registered. There is still a month for this to change entirely though as relying on a 24 year old French car can provide drama in your motoring life.

I expect the bus to do a road test this week having had a wheen of work over the weekend. It ran for the first time in months today with no issues under no load. I still don't expect to get it MoTd in time for the fest though.