15/02/18 Renault 30 Project - gone to a safe new home

doubleyeller

a) would they still have any of the old size measurement?

B) if they have, chances are that they have been sitting around for donkeys years!

Quite likely, but if kept in the dark should* be ok

Just mentioned it as we're talking in terms of getting a ticket here, not that Katmandu Shitetrip via Bulgaria.  That's next year.

Indeed Sir, total raised £171, total spent £50, £121 in the pot at present

That's damn near £175 raised... well worth another bump up the totaliser board, methinks.

post-17915-0-65910300-1511183281_thumb.jpg

"And now, Valerie's going to take an Enfield 8000, fitted with twin de-limited Hayabusa units and nitrous injection by Jonny from Somerset, for a quick spin around the Blue Peter Garden."

post-17915-0-92806800-1511184247_thumb.jpg

Did this car spend any of its life in Norfolk?

The number plate looks familiar, although it may be my brain playing tricks on me.

PE series plate would indicate first registration in Guildford, so Norfolk wouldn't have been too much of a hop from Surrey. I seem to recall through the grapevine that this car was owned for a long time by an elderly lady prior to Mouseflakes acquiring it - but that's not to say your friend's dad wasn't also its keeper for a bit (unless there's written history to state otherwise). No doubt it's been around a bit in its almost forty years!

I know what you mean about a plate just sticking in your mind - I noticed an Avenger on the Practical Classics FB page today and just KNEW I recognised the plate from somewhere, prompting a search through old photos.

Turned out I'd snapped the same car parked up in Cramond over a decade ago.

Hi,
quite a lot of rust on that Renault...

A friend of mine will throw out (he prefers to have a life) a sandblasted shell including doors etc in the next couple of weeks. Does not need a lot of welding. It will all be crushed. As it is not heavy, you could put it onto a normal trailer...

The downsides, however, are: It is a Phase 2 V6 TX, LHD, manual gearbox, to be picked up soon im Limburg, Germany... :(

Daniel

Well people, someone has kindly offered to dig out a set of front discs for the R30 (if he still has them) I am holding off buying new rear ones as he has an inkling he may have some stashed, somewhere........

I have taken notice of the opinions expressed that tyres are the lower priority for the time being. 

My feeling is that the callipers are the next thing that need attention - as they are likely to be both expensive and made from unobtanium, I am thinking of going down the route of purchasing caliper rebuild kits (can we get them?).

If anybody has any odd 30 spares, please get in touch. I have a dim and distant memory of someone on here way back getting hold of a R30 drivers side rear quarter repair panel - we are going to need one, badly, so please let me know if you're willing to move it on?

Hi,

so this could be the German donation if you are interested. You would have to pick up the entire shell. Soon!

03042010021.jpg

There should also be plenty of doors:

IMGP6755.jpg

This will be crushed due to problems with the landlord, age, too much work :(

Calender shots, really :)

Daniel

Wow, if only I could get the 4 doors and cut out the driver's side rear quarter......

PE series plate would indicate first registration in Guildford, so Norfolk wouldn't have been too much of a hop from Surrey. I seem to recall through the grapevine that this car was owned for a long time by an elderly lady prior to Mouseflakes acquiring it - but that's not to say your friend's dad wasn't also its keeper for a bit (unless there's written history to state otherwise). No doubt it's been around a bit in its almost forty years!

I know what you mean about a plate just sticking in your mind - I noticed an Avenger on the Practical Classics FB page today and just KNEW I recognised the plate from somewhere, prompting a search through old photos.

Turned out I'd snapped the same car parked up in Cramond over a decade ago.

Actually I just remembered the one I drove was a manual gearbox, so it wasn't this one

The number must be very similar though.

Hi,

quite a lot of rust on that Renault...

A friend of mine will throw out (he prefers to have a life) a sandblasted shell including doors etc in the next couple of weeks. Does not need a lot of welding. It will all be crushed. As it is not heavy, you could put it onto a normal trailer...

The downsides, however, are: It is a Phase 2 V6 TX, LHD, manual gearbox, to be picked up soon im Limburg, Germany... :(

Daniel

What kind of life is that supposed to be, what without a sandblasted R30 shell and all?

caliper rebuilds are not too bad

BIGGRED have been good for me at supply of sliders, pins and piston repair kits.

When it gets to it's new home and if you wanted to lob the calipers into a box I would "ave a look" and assess if they are salvageable. and if they are and pistons and seals are available could rebuild them.

Time is a big issue for me right now though, if you are in less of a rush I can help

Great news, the chap has just messaged me, he's found a front set of discs for her!

Another expense spared :)

I will have to get over to pick them up from Cumbria!

The fund now stands at £196 donated, £146 left available! WOW! We may yet save her from going "Downstairs" !

post-17915-0-12536300-1511264995_thumb.jpg

@stormee: I am sure I can get my friend to give you the shell and sell you a rotten complete R30 tx for 500 Euros... So if you are interested, please contact me.

Daniel

Sounds tempting but I'm just cured, gave up a BMW 02 project, no space anymore. :(