15/02/18 Renault 30 Project - gone to a safe new home

doubleyeller

I've got some cash and spare time on the run up to Christmas, I just don't have the space. @HillmanImp Do you want to combine resources? I live in Sheffield and can get on with Shiply/whatever.

Edit: I also have tools and an inclination to save this car, even if I'm not a pro mechanic.

Edit 2: I've found somewhere to keep it temporarily, going up to see it tomorrow :)

We're thinking inside the box here. Not everyone has access to a trailer or the ability to tow, but I'm pretty sure everyone has (or can easily get) access to a reel of brake line, a flaring kit and some brake fluid. And many, many jerry cans of petrol.

Brake line replacement and then a nice trot to a pre-booked MOT. Easy!

Great news and good luck SamR380 - I'm on the wrong other side of the water so no bloody use at all in dragging this anywhere.

I'd gladly have stumped up the funds, Xmas bonus helping out on that one, but logistics prevent me getting to the UK for a while anyway.....

Keep us posted on this.......

DoubleY.... - has your mate a place to keep it while it is worked on? Then it's being repaired and saved for a while at least. I'd gladly help on that score to keep it alive.

Hope this pans out...........

I have:

* Skills to do the work.

* A tow car capable of dragging a trailer with this on it. (which needs MOT.. should be happening this weekend)

* A trailer capable of moving this (although I do need to get the Merc W210 that's on it off first, but that now has a buyer, so all good)

I do not have:

* Anywhere to put this.

* Any sensible amount of time available to speak of.

I am also the wrong end of the country, and still recovering from a twat of an infection that knocked me out for nearly two weeks.

This doesn't actually help in any way does it?

Tits.

Wow, I'm actually finally getting some good news - at long last

Bigdan30 has just been in contact and offered to do the brake pipes for cost of parts (goodbye my last £50). Mouseflakes has very kindly come up with a new master cylinder for me.

Thanks to those who have offered temporary respite from the storage problem. I will most probably take one of you up on it!

We may yet save her, still needs new rubber, new back box and new callipers / discs / pads in order to move under her own steam.

If anybody on here is still willing to make a small donation towards this Shitebox's future safety, it would be most gratefully received, and rewarded with a R30 ride in the future! Please pm me if you would? I will send paypal details. I am painfully aware of seeming like a cheeky twat, but you would be doing it for the good of shite, not myself!

Well many thanks to the individual who shall remain nameless, but who has started off this little fund with a donation and christened it the "Renault 30 last chance saloon fund". Title of thread changed accordingly. Any donations no matter how small are greatly appreciated, and will all add up to be a lifesaver for this Autoshite Legend. 

Remember folks, you may one day get to sit here: 

post-20279-0-83377900-1510934921_thumb.jpg

Coupla quid headed your way, too. Here's hoping a fighting fund can be established to get the brakework done and get it mobile again - am I right in thinking it's brakes, back box and tyres which seem to be keeping it from an MOT pass, or is there some tickling with the sparkly stick also required? Regardless, it's still some beast, and is pretty much the perfect visual representation of the ethos of this place. Well done to all those who've offered their time and skills so far!

Come on chaps - we're Autoshite, we can do this!

Think this was the last R30 I remember seeing - about four years back at the NEC. Scrubbed up well, though a wee bit crusty here and there - pleased to see it still seems to be on the road, mind, with tax and MOT through to July 2018. Rare things. My last local spot was in a scrappy in 1996.

post-17915-0-48393500-1511013616_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-06792800-1511013684_thumb.jpg

Is this one owned by anyone resident on these hallowed pages, out of interest? Looks like the kind of thing that might be...

Is this one owned by anyone resident on these hallowed pages, out of interest? Looks like the kind of thing that might be...

Not here no, AFAIK. But personally I have chatted with the fella once or twice. It gets better: He has two.

This 20 is the other

640px-Renault_20_2%2C2L_%28TX%3F%29_face

Not here no, I have chatted with the fella once or twice. It gets better: He has two.

The gold 30 has an unbelievably high mileage, but what's the deal with the silver stripe?

The guy also owns a maroon 20 TX, but apparently both cars are in a pretty dreadful state

Darren Bowker owns 2 x Renault 30 TX, and also the autoshite holy grail, a Tagora SX!

Glad to say that BIGDAN30 got down to business and replaced the brake pipes front to back today, Conelrad and Junkman will furnish you with photos in due course I'm sure. Probably they will provide their dire predictions regarding it's future lol! ????

Many thanks to the donors so far, we are starting on the road of salvation for this Autoshite legend, but a long way before we arrive!