15/02/18 Renault 30 Project - gone to a safe new home

doubleyeller

Hi folks,

Well, I've tried everything to save this V6 Gallic beast, I've tried to sell it, I've tried to roffle it, then I tried to roffle my Pug 106 daily to get the funds to mend her. Nothing is working out. Sadly, this 30 has outstayed it's welcome on my friend's drive (wife), and has to be gone within a week.

It's my dream car and it pains me, but the only other option is the crusher. I now have an offer to do the brake pipes for the cost of materials. A "Last chance saloon" fund has been started. Can anybody help this beast live on? We've only got a week really to get this charming beast mobile and moved, so any assistance to the empty pot is greatly appreciated!

Please paypal any small donations to yelkli@yahoo.co.uk

post-20279-0-14604000-1510866793_thumb.jpg

Group purchase to go in the group unit?

I wouldn't say no...... Though chod creep is a real phenomenon and I would like to be able to actually do work in the communal unit. Living outside wouldn't kill this thing though would it? You are a bad man DW for making me even ponder such a thing lol.

I'm not normally one to invoke the saying but this place really won't be what it is should this survivor get fragged. I'm not even sure that's grammatically correct but save this or I will be sad :( It's always a shame when it's not even about the cost, just time and space which seem rarer commodities than cash.

Right first thing is this gone within the week a mad lady moment and is there a date we can fix and promise its removal?

Can you go round tomorrow or ring or whatever and calm waters enough so a call to Banger Hiab Dave doesn't get put through while Jeremy Kyle is on?

Right first thing is this gone within the week a mad lady moment and is there a date we can fix and promise its removal?

Certainly not a mad lady moment, she doesn't get those, nice lady, but it's been on her drive for a year, and it's the final final deadline :(

PM me we'll arrange a mutually convenient time :)

Looks like nobody has the full combination of space, money, skillz, time and transport.  I would happily buy this to save it from the fragger but the only tow vehicle I currently have on the road is the Carina E and there's no way that's up to dragging a Renault 30 the width (and a fair chunk of the length) of the country.

[/unhelpful comment]

OK, I'm now making another mistake of my lifetime and put my marriage on the line.

It's none of my business, though. Since when am I responsible for my actions?

Is anyone of you dreary bunch willing and able to convey that heap to the Junktowers

without being greedy enough to ask for a fucking mortgage?

Shit. I don't even like R30s.

I've got a flaring kit somewhere. However I am going to have a word with a mechanic about the cost of getting the brakes done as I don't have the time to do anything with my own cars at the mo, let alone someone else's.

I can't remember (and am at work) what else is wrong with it. Does it run etc? Are the brake lines off? DO all of them need replacing or just some?

I've got a flaring kit somewhere. However I am going to have a word with a mechanic about the cost of getting the brakes done as I don't have the time to do anything with my own cars at the mo, let alone someone else's.

I can't remember (and am at work) what else is wrong with it. Does it run etc? Are the brake lines off? DO all of them need replacing or just some?

Oh she runs beautifully, it's just that all the brake lines are chopped. What else is wrong with it? Tin worm, and that is all really!

My mechanic mate offered to do the brake lines for "Mate's rates" £250 the entire job, by far the cheapest quote, everyone else was £500 +

I just don't have any money available, and now don't even have anywhere to store it :(