Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unusual Peugeot Talbot stuff...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mash

Mash

• Full Members
  • 2,444 posts
  • Location1985

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

Go this link for the Austin Rover forum. This is a rather interesting site full of strange vehicles and rare pics of prototypes from Peugeot Talbot.

http://pagesperso-or...r/talbot.fr.st/

Discuss....

This looks rather interesting too. Think I prefer this front to the production version:

Posted Image
I dont no wot there worth tbh mate only wont it for pre 68 obvserly lol hav u got any pics plz mate

#2 OFFLINE   stoterstangen90

stoterstangen90

• Full Members
  • 458 posts
  • LocationZaagcity

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

opposit of the Talbot Arizona
Mooie lamp overigens

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   garethj

garethj

• Full Members
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:30 AM

*hangs head in shame* I always thought these Talbots were FWD, in fact after the Renault 10 and Alpines I thought all French cars were FWD.

Posted Image

But these do look a lot like driveshafts on the back of the Tagora?

Gareth

#4 OFFLINE   mk2_craig

mk2_craig

• Full Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • LocationIT'S CLEAN THE PLATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED THAT'LL BE $7438.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

Wikipedia sez:

As with most large cars of its time, the Tagora was a rear-wheel drive vehicle, with a longitudinally-mounted engine. There were three engine choices, mated to four- and five-speed manual transmissions or an optional three-speed automatic in the case of the four-cylinder engines.[1][9]

The available models were:

2.2 L (2165 cc) Type 180 OHC I4, double-barrel Solex carburetor, 115 PS (85 kW), 184 N·m (136 ft·lbf)
The base engine was a version of the older Simca Type 180 2-litre with increased displacement, as also featured in the Matra Murena. It was unrelated to either the American Chrysler K or PSA Douvrin 2.2-litre engines.[2] Available trim levels were designated GL and GLS. The GL was the only model to feature the four-speed manual transmission, and have power steering as an option rather than standard. It was first to be dropped, for the 1983 model year.
2.3 L (2304 cc) XD2S OHV turbodiesel I4, 80 PS (59 kW), 188 N·m (139 ft·lbf)
This Peugeot-developed turbodiesel was primarily used in the Peugeot 505 and 604. The diesel-powered version of the Tagora was designated DT.
2.7 L (2664 cc) PRV OHC V6, two triple-barrel Weber carburetors, 166 PS (122 kW), 234 N·m (173 ft·lbf)
The V6 model, which was actually badged "2.6", came in the top SX trim level, loaded with extras, but (surprisingly) it was not available with automatic transmission.[9] The PRV engine used in the Tagora was different from the one used in contemporary Peugeots in that it was fitted with triple-barrel Weber carburetors rather than fuel injection, resulting in a higher power rating. This made it the most powerful French car of its time.[1] Nevertheless, only 1,083 V6 Tagoras were made.[10]

The angle of the sump pan might have led you to think otherwise!

1984 Ford Fiesta XR2 - Devaluing the neighbourhood since 2008

Nottinghamshite
Channel Island Cack
Everywhere Else

#5 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:12 PM

I always thought these Talbots were FWD, in fact after the Renault 10 and Alpines I thought all French cars were FWD.

I have to say I always had the feeling that Tagoras were FWD - no idea why really. I think the last RWD French car though was the Pug 505, which was made up until about 1991.

#6 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

You're forgetting the Clio V6. :wink:

#7 OFFLINE   mk2_craig

mk2_craig

• Full Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • LocationIT'S CLEAN THE PLATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED THAT'LL BE $7438.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

Posted Image
Renner Spyder? :lol:

1984 Ford Fiesta XR2 - Devaluing the neighbourhood since 2008

Nottinghamshite
Channel Island Cack
Everywhere Else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users