Styled in Italy, built in Britain - The story of the blue Ital Van

trigger

I had some friends over today and watch me do all the welding on the offside rear arch.

c604f1e8a79c96e28a5569bb2af86da2.jpg

Actually my mate Carl done a cracking job of patching it all up for Me, 5 hours to do just one arch and inner tub! Mind you that just leaves the lower rear 1/4 on the other side and the inner wings to do now.

0c10b8166c17116ddaa927d33c24345c.jpg

e029e6efb5ed5cf9360c9cd174dc95c3.jpg

ec5ebfc64a2d84ada88e7149289ed12f.jpg

431cb08f5537c659ca8229d273de841a.jpg

That will keep me busy for the next week. I've painted the front valance and fitted the front spolier but I haven't got a photo of that, I did get a photo of the front of the wing which I've mopped, I think that paintwork will look ace once it's all done.

a25e082b0c58d1613e2ecadca92d9648.jpg

I've also discovered that the van was sign written as you can see the outline of the letters, it said.

W.A. CANE (BUILDERS) LTD

Holland - on - Sea

Plumbing & Heating

Clacton 813181

And the company name was in a 3D effect angled font.

The paintwork's come up really good - amazing after all those years of accumulating dust and muck.

I'd love to see it signwritten with the builders name on it, like others have said - it's in-keeping with the originality of the van; what it would have been wearing from 1984 to 1993. The choice is yours, obvs.

Maybe something like this?

wvookk.jpg

The paintwork's come up really good - amazing after all those years of accumulating dust and muck.

I'd love to see it signwritten with the builders name on it, like others have said - it's in-keeping with the originality of the van; what it would have been wearing from 1984 to 1993. The choice is yours, obvs.

Maybe something like this?

wvookk.jpg

That is exactly the font it is!

So glad you picked this up trigger, like many others I can't wait to see the transformation. Looks like we won't have to wait long!

Before you mop out all the evidence, take a reference of the size of lettering and where it went etc. in case you change your mind, or want to give a bit of background Doctor style info out to the next owner. If you could get it all decked out in the right font on a magnetic sign though, imagine how astounded the original business owner would be, if they saw it driving down the street!