Datsuncog's Heaps: Sept 2023 - Another Year's T-Met Exemption Certificate...

Datsuncog

Hopefully sent my digital pounds in the right direction.

Sure did - received with thanks!

Now scratching my head about how best to engineer lightweight yet indestructible protective packaging for this, and other, substantial orders in multiple scales... never fear, it'll be on its way in a day or two - cheers!

Just to update - another large load of parcels was deposited at Howard Street Post Office this morning (after bubble-wrapping like a mad thing into the wee small hours), and PMs have been sent to all those whose goods are now en route. Thank you, and hopefully they'll be arriving in the next few days!

I've been slightly stuck for decent packaging for the last three paid-up parcels, as they are substantial orders and need to contain models of many and varied scales... fortunately, Mrs DC managed to scavenge a load of metal biscuit tins from work today, which may provide robust protection from the vagaries of the mail office.

As a bonus [and I quote]:

"This fine packaging could even be used for full-size shite repairs. It's basically a free wheelarch for the lucky recipient of these."

So there you go. Bonus welding material with every purchase. You didn't get that from Modelzone, did you?

Remaining couple of packages will hopefully be packed and dispatched this evening! Thankyou for everyone's patience here - I know some folks paid last Friday and they're still not away, but I didn't want to just throw everything in a rubble sack and let it rattle and scrape its jagged way over to you. My goal is that everything should arrive undamaged.

The really good news is:

1. All remaining unsold models now fit within three stackable wooden crates, which are ideal for car-booting and will also stack happily in the attic - so the shed-clearing target has now been achieved; and
  2. As of last night, model sales of £600 have been achieved (excluding postage) so the remaining balance on L'il Thunder has now officially been paid off in full. That is a massive achievement for me, and goes some way to exorcising the memory of the damn Alfa, which turned its toes up and expensively died while I was still making payments on it.

So remaining monies from this clearance sale are going into my Shite Fund, to give me (for the first time) a savings buffer so I can actively participate in ShiteLifeTM  in terms of entering roffles, attending Shitefest 2019, and not just mumping at home complaining that I'm perpetually skint. 

A few years ago I was in a world of credit card and loan debt; and although my bank balance ain't exactly stellar right now (see Grumpy Thread for details) for the first time I have a small but growing amount of savings and **no debt** bar the mortgage (which we're chipping away at through overpayments). TAZ blowing its engine in April did not come at a good time, but I'm hopeful that I'm now clawing my way out of the abyss.

So, cheers to all for your assistance in rehoming this minishite - whilst liquidating part of a long-standing collection is never an easy thing, it's been a damn sight easier than it would have been via Ebay, that's for sure.

Guest Hooli

As a bonus [and I quote]:

"This fine packaging could even be used for full-size shite repairs. It's basically a free wheelarch for the lucky recipient of these."

Excellent, have we said she's a keeper yet?

IdZh0XU.jpg

Aw man, that's fantastic... the weird thing is, I've taken that Tonka Jeep to at least twenty car boot sales over the last ten years, with the notional price of a fiver on it. Never had the slightest sniff of interest; no-one ever even picked it up, let alone asked me how much I was looking.

Glad to see that finally someone's appreciating it!!

On 6/19/2018 at 9:14 PM, Amishtat said:

Obvs I need then like a hole in the head but are the Superkings Capri, Impala and Plaza taxis and the US mail Plymouth Suburban still available please?

Ah... the Plaza and the Suburban were snaffled a mere two hours ago, I'm afraid - though the Capri and Impala are still available!

If you'e interested in restos, the remaining older toys are listed here - if anything else grabs you?

Well then... yesterday evening was busy.

20180620_211316.jpg

Yup, finally got all the paid-up orders to date wrapped and dispatched. (And yes, those are the empty inner rings from multiple rolls of gaffer tape.)

Apologies for the length of time taken to reach this point; Mrs DC has oft-lamented my tendency to grossly underestimate the likely timeframe for completion of any given task...

"Errrr... what? You do know we have to be at the funeral home in half an hour, and it's ten miles away?"

"Yeah, I know. Just going to quickly service the car first, then have a shower. Then I might teach myself to play the clarinet before we go, shouldn't take long."

I do suffer somewhat from temporal dyscalculia. Or rather, others suffer because of my inability to process the inexorable passage of time. 

Because I'm unwilling to follow the traditional Ebay vendor process of shovelling these models into jiffy bags and then stuffing them into the nearest post box - instead opting to delicately craft custom-made packaging for each bloody one from tissue paper, foam, bubblewrap and cardboard - then it was to my utmost surprise that, every evening for the last week, suddenly I realise it's 1am and I'm still only halfway through one single order, while Mrs DC is trying very hard not to strangle me with every rrrrrrrrrrrrip from the Sellotape dispenser... er, yeah.

But! Anyway. If you received a PM from me this morning, then it means your parcel is somewhere in the above pic... and should hopefully arrive safely on or before Saturday.

Other PMs have been sent regarding final totals, so for anyone else who's browsed, lusted and/or yet to make a final decision, let me know and I'll get you a posted price for your own unique box of dreams!

Remember folks - still plenty of top quality stuff left, and the lists have been updated only this morning to reflect current availability.

I'm also more than happy to hold stuff over until payday arrives, as I can appreciate this has been a spendy old month for many of us.

Thanks to all!