Datsuncog's Heaps: Sept 2023 - Another Year's T-Met Exemption Certificate...

Datsuncog

MOAR listings to come tomorrow, kids, though we're soon to be scraping the barrel, I greatly fear. Hot Wheels are yet to appear for one thing; and there's a few other randomers still lurking too.

THEN we'll be moving into the Super Discount Quickfire round, whereby everything still unsold is listed by manufacturer along with a link back to the original sales post and pic, alongside a ver' special final price.

There may also be mystery box offers, where a minishiter can specify a preferred scale/era/condition/price, and receive a box of items that fit the criteria AND offer significant savings over individual prices.

The next stop for the remaining unsold models will then be a car boot sale - the famous Leaning Shed Of Carrick is being dismantled at the end of the month, to make way for a major landscaping project - so everything must go!

You can tell I really, really don't want to be pulling 5am starts again this summer...

On 6/13/2018 at 10:10 AM, rml2345 said:

Can you do me this as well please? Wasn't going to originally but it's grown...

Yup, you most certainly can - now added for you!

Think it's effectively a Soviet version of the Ford Model AA, for bonus shite points.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, Bren said:

Are the micro machines still available? My eldest son likes them.

They are indeed available, and yours if you want them!

Quite a variety in there - monster trucks, cars, planes, helicopters, motorbikes... from first release in the mid/late-80s up to late 90s.

Will snap some pics if you like, or does a mystery box appeal to you?

On 6/13/2018 at 1:02 PM, D Spares & Tyres said:

I like the boats. No idea what they are worth either though

You're more than welcome to the pair of them for a tenner, posted, if that's any use to you?

(I think I've given up on the idea of making my fortune from all of these, and will settle instead for a cleared shed, a paid-off Subaru and a less pissed-off spouse. Sometimes it's all about knowing when to hold 'em, and knowing when to fold 'em...)

Bleh.

Apologies for lack of updates yesterday, or notifications of despatch.

A leak happened through the kitchen ceiling.

Then a plumber happened.

Then a birthday happened.

Then cake and whiskey happened.

Then I was two hours late into work this morning (connect the dots if you like).

Appreciate the patience from all! I know I'm a useless bastard at this malarkey.

I also need to get more bubble wrap, pronto.

Normal service will resume later...

On 6/13/2018 at 10:22 PM, stuboy said:

how do i pass over monetary fulfillment?

Wait by the crooked tree beside the crossroads at midnight.

A hooded crow will circle once, caw, and drop a mysterious blank scroll.

Wash the scroll in fresh donkey milk before dawn, and then hold it up, facing southward, to read by the soft silvery light of the next full moon.

Decipher the runes there inscribed, and you will have an answer to your query.

Or I could, y'know, drop you a PM.

Incoming!

^^^^ Well, I spoke to the crow just now and he told me there was no-one at the crooked tree at midnight, so he left a 'Sorry You Were Out' card and went on to his next delivery.

So simply present the card at the Court of the Faerie Queen in fair Elfland between the hours of 3am and 4am, together with two forms of ID (one of which must be photographic), and your scroll will be released.

Or you might be bound into servitude to the Faerie Queen for seven years. One of the two, anyway.

You think fucking MyHermes and Yodel's bad, you try dealing with the Unseelie Host as mail fulfilment operatives. Bloody nightmare, I tell you.

Literally, sometimes.

Okay so.

Last of the model pics are being uploaded as a Bluetooth slurp here - mainly consisting of packaged and loose Hot Wheels of varying amounts of desirability, some EFE 1/76 scale cars, and some Days Gone Vanguards.

The latter sets have appeared already, albeit in smudgy blurry group pics, so this may give potential punters a clearer idea of what's actually on offer.

And that'll be it. All the models that I'm letting go - for now.

The past few pages show exactly what's been taken and what's still available; if there's anything you're burning to have then please let me know - I hope that most folk feel so far that they've had good value for money, and that their box may have come in a little cheaper than expected as discounts and freebies have been applied.

Next stage is to comb through the remaining boxes and produce a list of what's still unclaimed, together with a final price for each. I'll be posting this up over the weekend.

If you have given me electromoneys, then you will either have received your models already OR your models will be dispatched first thing tomorrow morning (I've a big stack of parcels in the hall ready to delight whichever hungover student has the misfortune to be staffing the Eurospar's Post Office counter) - PM will follow once this is done.

We're getting there!

***** Post Office achieved - all paid-up models are now in transit! *****

Well... probably in an Iveco, to be accurate... but either way, they're on their way.

Felly Magic, Loserone, Bren, Stuboy, Hertz - models should be in your hot little hands by early next week. Thanking you all! PM to follow with tracking info, for those who requested it.

Everyone else still waiting for the remaining few model listings, followed then by the final reductions list - hold on to your hats over the next day or two. Final models today; final clearance lists tomorrow pm and Sunday.

A few folks have requested a running total so far - PMs will be sent this morning once I've checked weights and sizes against Royal Mail limits.

Whew!

Right, the final furlong now.

Lledo Days Gone Vanguards - a range of 1950s and 60s UK and US vehicles private and commercial vehicles that arrived in the early 1990s.

Just as the core Days Gone range had focused on pre-WW2 cars, trucks and buses in direct competition with Matchbox Models of Yesteryear, so Days Gone Vanguards seemed to throw down the gauntlet to Corgi Classics.

Somewhat annoyingly though, these Days Gone Vanguards were produced in approx. 1/50 scale, akin to the rest of the Days Gone range. Earlier models in the range were unglazed, which kept the RRP well below that of Corgi but did compromise the realism somewhat.

These shouldn't be confused with the superior 1/43 Vanguards range which arrived in the mid-90s when Lledo upped their game, dropped the Days Gone name from the range and launched the Ford Anglia and Triumph Herald with really quite excellent (for the time) detailing.

Nonetheless, they're quite charming in their own way.

***SOLD!!!*** First up: #58000 Days Gone Vanguards 1950 Morris Z Van - Post Office Telephones

20180615_001350.jpg

20180615_001404.jpg

20180615_001413.jpg

20180615_001327.jpg

20180615_001448.jpg

20180615_001430.jpg

£3 posted!

***SOLD!!!*** Also, another early-90s orphan - Corgi's attempt to take on Lledo with a low-priced range of models in the same vein as Days Gone/Vanguards; The Cameo Collection.

Perhaps best remembered for their tacky-looking 1920s haulage truck sets advertised as 'heirloom collectables' in Sunday-supplement magazines, and given away free with petrol tokens (Fina), the Cameo Collection did include four 1960s passenger cars. The Morris Minor and VW Beetle were unboxed, and made it into CMS206's big box o'Corgi last week. Someone's asked for the blue 2CV, which leaves only the Mini...

20180615_002205.jpg

20180615_002222.jpg

20180615_002241.jpg

20180615_002141.jpg

£3 posted; £1 to add it to an existing box of delightful diecast.

(Yes, it's been given an inexpert tickle with the silver paint pen. I hate myself.)

***SOLD!!!*** A rather nice pair of EFE 00 Scale (1/76) Triumphs, from a short-lived attempt to make the jump from buses and trucks:

#11401 Triumph Roadster 20TR, red

# 11601 Triumph Vitesse MkII Convertible, white

20180615_002422.jpg

20180615_002435.jpg

20180615_002447.jpg

20180615_002533.jpg

20180615_002334.jpg

Don't know why these didn't take off, as they really are very nice all-metal castings with plenty of detail, comparable to Oxford.

Given that their 00 scale competition at the time mainly involved Hornby's utterly execrable plasticky Sierra triple pack (at a much steeper price), or expensive and too-small Herpa and Wiking HO models, I'd have thought these would have sold like hot cakes to railway modellers - yet boxes and boxes of these languished for years, dusty and unwanted, in the model shop I worked in. They looked really good on the EFE car transporters, too.

Weird.

£5 posted/ £3 if you already have a box!

****ALL HOT WHEELS SHOWN BELOW NOW SOLD AS A JOB LOT!!!!****

Alrighty then - Hot Wheels!

I'm going to put them out as a display here, rather than just as a jumbled boxload. I will sell individually although I'd be really quite pleased to sell all of them together as a job lot, as per the small Matchbox/Corgi/Majorette/Randoms selection.

Pics aren't stupendous, owing to less than ideal lighting yesterday evening - sorry about that.

Board 1: mostly 1990s/early 2000s stuff:

20180614_200000 sold.png

Chevrolet Nova; Chevrolet Chevelle; Buick Grand National:

20180614_200022.jpg

Ford Mustang, Dodge Charger, Ford Torino Talledega:

20180614_200030.jpg

Ford Falcon, Chevrolet Nova, Ford Galaxie:

20180614_200035.jpg

Mercury Cougar, Mercedes 500SL, generic Police Car:

20180614_200053.jpg

Holden Commodore, Ford Thunderbird (colour changer), Pontiac Firebird:

20180614_200049.jpg

Lamborghini Countach; Chevrolet Stock Car, Ford Roadster (McDonalds Happy Meal promo, plastic)

20180614_200044.jpg

Oh, and there's also a McDonalds dragster I forgot to photograph, but it looks just like this:
Hot Wheels - McDonalds Dragster.jpg

****ALL SOLD!!!!****

Hot Wheels Board 2 (of 2 - this is all that's left, I'm afraid!) - mainly 1980s Blackwalls, and one rather special Redline:

20180614_200457 sold.png

Dodge Aries Wagon, Chevrolet Citation X11, Sir Rodney Roadster:

20180614_200523.jpg

1932 Ford Coupe, Custom Volkswagen, Baja Bug (colour changer):

20180614_200534.jpg

Some sort of novelty flip-over car things:

20180614_200542.jpg

20180614_200554.jpg

Fire Eater (in terrible shape); Baja Bug (some sort of California Customs edition, or something):

20180614_200538.jpg

Now, I'm given to understand that the Redline Custom Volkswagen is something of a rarity.

It's an early Hong-Kong made version without the sunroof, in Spectraflame Blue with a brown interior, and supposedly only a very small number of examples were sold, in the UK and mainland Europe, for a few months in 1968 when Hot Wheels was first launched as a new brand.

It's not in great shape, but apparently even as it stands, US collectors will pay silly money for it.

Apparently.

The casting and glazing is sound, even if the axles are a little shonky and the paint is verging on non-existent. It will be included as part of the job lot.