Bo11ox gets a garage

Mr_Bo11ox

Yeah check out Cadena SER, its mainly talk stuff, a bit like a cross between radio 4 and 5, its a national station but based in Madrid so not too many regional accents. My favourite programme is 'SER Historia', its some late-night thing where the presenter talks about interesting historical people or events. Theres never more than 2 people on it at once (so no arguing or talking over each other!!) and its kind of tranquil and easy to listen to (in relative terms). Theres a big archive of episodes on line.

EDIT***** Also check out 'Spanish Obsessed', its a website of downloadable Spanish-language podcasts made by this young english/columbian couple, all different levels, theyre really good and 100% free, and the pair of them sound like really nice people!!! I am a big fan of those.

For Bluetooth Speaker, I'd recommend the Anker Soundcore. Cost about £25 from Amazon, really impressive sound and the battery lasts forever - I charge the one in our office about once a fortnight and that's usually on for about 8 hours a day minimum and it's been here for a couple of years now. I've heard the customer service is excellent too if there's any troubles.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510651428&sr=8-3&keywords=Anker+Soundcore - Here's a link, but don't buy it yet - there's usually some offer on that knocks the price down to about £22.

great work mr b looking good.

on the sounds side, i've got a chromecast audio hooked up to a little cheap t-amp and old 90's mission speakers. As long as you can get good wi-fi signal from your house it's a winner - download the app and cast away, better sound and it won't kill your phone battery as it fetches the stream all by itself, I've got a few :)

What is all this Bluetooth bollocks being spoken of? Surely the pinnacle of garage sound systems is a circa 1998 minidisc Walkman plugged into a stack system through a phono cable.

Old Sharp car stereo playing through some cardboard cone speakers with an old bit of wire for the aerial

FTFY

I have an old jvc system I got off gumtree for a £5 for playing cd's but our lass bought me a sony bluetooth speaker that fills the garage with sound ace. Like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SRS-XB20-Portable-Wireless-Lighting/dp/B01MYFDMCN/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511353163&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+bluetooth+speakers I was meant to be building a wooden step last night but ended up just sitting in the garage listening to the 'reservoir tapes' a podcast on radio 4 that I right got into.

What is all this Bluetooth bollocks being spoken of? Surely the pinnacle of garage sound systems is a circa 1998 minidisc Walkman plugged into a stack system through a phono cable.

Works for me.

post-17837-0-50861100-1511354581_thumb.jpg

Although sadly the Creative Zen has died since that pic was taken so my Chinaphone goes in its place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...