Bo11ox gets a garage

Mr_Bo11ox

Having a proper garage that is kitted out that is right next to your house is a game changer. Mine is too small to fit my tools and cars in, however it's still massively great thing to have. A car port is also incredibly useful for keeping crap and the worst of the weather off stuff - if I was staying here, I'd put one up. Even if it's to just protect my MG.

1.5 car width garage sounds perfect. As mine is 1 car width, even if I could fit a car in, I can't fit my tools or even have room to work around it. I'm currently looking to sell my current pad and a big demand is having a bigger garage.

Another thing that is incredibly useful that my FiL has in their garage is an inspection pit. Quite easy to do but it does mean you can get under for inspections, fluid changes and the like without having to faff around with getting jacks and stands out.

Now you have the basics set out and Xmas is near, you need start kitting up. As a starter, some of the Lidl/Aldi bench tools are very useful. I've used my pillar drill and bench grinder+sander (which it was a wire wheel in hindsight) have had plenty of use. Pro grade and top precision it is not. However for the odd job it's far better than hand drill based.

zzzzzzzzz

Bollox this is sodding boring! Let us know when you've got some cars in it and stop posting DIY projects in the cars section please? Ta muchly!

^^ Bollocks to that. I think this thread is excellent and interesting personally. Plus it's very much car related, so why not be in this section? Anyway does it matter either way.

The 600 was a brilliant car.

Agreed, the financial director at work had one from new, I drove it a few times, really liked it, his equal in the company had to have one with more numbers to satisfy his superiority complex but the budget was the same so he got a shit spec 2.0 Rover 800 which was really horrible to drive

Lovely.

The challenge now is to avoid filling it with junk and keep space for a car to fit in.

Aye this. There's nothing worse than having to spend half an hour moving a load of old crap out the way just to get at the workbench.

Having the garage "on site" is about 82℅ better than trekking round to one in a row of lockups though, esp. as there's proper electricity. Running water too?

No running water but there is a built-in chimney to plug a woodburner into!!!! Don't know whether I shall bother though. One thing I do want is a radio with Bluetooth so I can listen to podcasts or Spanish radio through my phone while pottering!

Black Friday is on Friday the 24th Nov. Should hopefully be a few deals around, especially on stuff like Bluetooth speakers. It's exactly the thing I'm looking for on that day.

This is also my dream. My garage is about a mile and a half away but getting the motivation to go down there can be hard v nipping out for half an hour at night for some tinkering while the wife watches house werewolves or madison county or what ever other dirge she watches.

I'm lucky enough to have a driveway big enough for 2 cars, a garage big enough for a car and a bench with electric and a large shed with electric and carpets for my toolbox and working in comfortably.

Currently have 2 cars on the drive and one in the garage but when the Motability car goes back next year according to the transport logistical accounts manageress we will NOT be getting another car and will be limited to two only.

Aldi are selling the Bluetooth speaker for 13 quid

https://www.aldi.co.uk/bluetooth-e27-led-speaker-light/p/080041174512700?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3If8iYa21wIVbCrTCh39igqLEAAYASAAEgKff_D_BwE

The WiFi controlled bulbs are different as all you can do is turn them on and off. If you want to use if this then that to add some logic to when your lights come on and off make sure to get a bulb who’s supported by them.

https://ifttt.com