My first shiter purchase since joining the forum - now with potential roffle

SRi05

Thought I'd share this, picked it up on Tuesday. It's parked outside my house and the wife doesn't know it's mine yet. Got two cars sitting in the drive already but hopefully one will be gone today and leave room for this lovely beast. When I first seen it I thought it was a 1.8 and nearly shat myself, but alas it is a lowly 1.5. It's a really nice drive however, lovely and smooth. The jazzy 90's seats are comfy as. You'd never think this thing was nearly 20 years old, underbody is clean as a whistle and the arches are rot free. Years ticket on it and just been serviced so should be a bulletproof winter hack hopefully! When I inevitably get fed up with it I'd happily move it on to someone here if there was interest. Anyways, some images for you to gop at:

post-23087-0-53716500-1510226048_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-63104300-1510226065_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-50727100-1510226098_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-77818600-1510226121_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-12070400-1510226141_thumb.jpg

post-23087-0-43410700-1510226164_thumb.jpg

It's parked outside my house and the wife doesn't know it's mine yet. 

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Guy in my company LOVES the shite.  He came home one afternoon to find his wife on the phone to the council, complaining that someone had abandoned an ice cream van outside of their house.

Because this is Autoshite, I don't even need to tell you the rest.

Am I right in thinking the 1.5 engine is the single-cam VTEC-Yo! version, with naff all horses in the paddock below 4,500rpm because they're all partying at about 6,800?

You do have to rev the tits off it to unleash the vtec powah yes

Nice solid motor there! 

It'll be a D15Z6 if a 1.5, which is the Eco VTEC variant. Operates on 12 valves under ~3500rpm and half throttle for MPG's. 

Honda did a shed load of SOHC VTEC's, the most impressive is the D15B with 3-stage VTEC all crammed in to a SOHC head. 

Am I right in thinking the 1.5 engine is the single-cam VTEC-Yo! version, with naff all horses in the paddock below 4,500rpm because they're all partying at about 6,800?

The thing is, I've driven two of these with a 1.6 single-cam vtec engine in them. You also have to rev the tits off them too.

Surely there can't be much of a difference in power between the 1.5 and 1.6...? Either way, they're lovely wee cars. Top purchase SRi05!

Still amazes/baffles me that on this era of Civic the coupe, saloon and 3 door hatch are much the same car but are totally different to the 5 door and estate versions, can’t understand how it made sense/was financially viable to not just make the 5 door and estate the same as the rest.

I get confused, as they all look the same to me. But is it possible to Roverise this to confuse stupid people ( the irony) that there was a 400/45 estate?

Some bloke certainly stuck a 45 front end onto one of these years ago, I think it would be on the AR Online website somewhere. Don't know if anybody has ever done a 400 version, which I reckon would look ACE although ultimately something of a slightly pointless endeavour.

Still amazes/baffles me that on this era of Civic the coupe, saloon and 3 door hatch are much the same car but are totally different to the 5 door and estate versions, can’t understand how it made sense/was financially viable to not just make the 5 door and estate the same as the rest.

Also the Coupe was made in America, whereas the Saloon and Hatch weren't! The Coupe rusted less too.

If i recall,isnt the 1.5 vtec something daft like 115bhp or thereabouts? Cheap roadtax but some power when needed? Since getting my toyota ive seen the light regarding jap cars. That looks really tidy.

112hp according to the interwebz. £150 for the years tax or £13 a month direct debit