Now sold - Triumph 1300

purplebargeken

This little Coventry beastie has now been sold and collection is pending. 

This has gone to someone in the AS community, I will let the new owner come forth and identify himself in his own time.

I am of the firm opinion that this has gone to a good owner and this is his first foray into 'proper' classic territory. Good choice of car!

Yay, this place and all that :)

Pleasure to meet you this morning Sir!!

Just to put everyone out of their misery, it was me who bought it.

Unfortunately I have been unable to get a reasonable quote to insure the Safrane for a longer period of time, which is gutting as it is a bloody lovely car. After seeing if there were any ways for me to keep hold of it, I soon realised that there was no way that I would be able to insure or keep it for the foreseeable future. A normal person would most likely take that as a sign that they should maybe only have one car, and possibly buy another one when the prices for insurance went down a bit.

However, this is Autoshite, and I came to the natural conclusion that I should look for something that may be a bit easier to get cover for. 95 quid Peugeot appears to have been successful with his objective of making me feel that one car is simply not enough.

I had never really thought about getting a 1300, but I remembered liking the look of Trigger's Dolomite when I saw it at the Felixstowe show earlier in the year. Insurance was also considerably less than any other car car I had considered as a possible replacement for the Safrane. Messages were exchanged with Ken on here and arrangements were made to nip down to London to have a look at it on Sunday.

We are here now, with arrangements being made to have the 1300 transported up here for welding, assembling and tinkering to take place.

It was great to meet Ken at last. A truly great chap who was kind enough to show me his collection and is assisting in every way possible with offering to help with repairs, finding parts and transportation arrangements. Yet another top chap that I have had the pleasure of meeting off here.

Once you've got it back and got the welding sorted I'm sure we can get it running fairly easily.

Not only do I have the factory workshop manual, on the left here

post-20743-0-01670300-1511362480_thumb.jpg and parts book, in the middle, but also these two.

post-20743-0-56261100-1511362713_thumb.jpg

These are training booklets, though unfortunately I don't have

post-20743-0-08319900-1511362780_thumb.jpg

training film 786, or any other training films for that matter.

But these are actually more detailed than the workshop manual in their own areas. Fortunately one is for front suspension and one for the gearbox, the two areas we need to be looking at for loss of drive. They are full of those strange half photo half drawing type pictures of the time. Don't know how they did those.

post-20743-0-65834800-1511362854_thumb.jpgpost-20743-0-19656900-1511362934_thumb.jpg.

And the parts book is actually more useful in some ways as it has exploded diagrams of every single part

post-20743-0-46241600-1511363038_thumb.jpg

complete with part numbers right down to every last washer. This is also handy for ringing Mick Dolphin whose website is listed in part number order. It's much easier looking for parts if you know the number beforehand.