Now sold - Triumph 1300

purplebargeken

I can't have another one but I'm happy to offer technical advice to any prospective buyers and practical help if it ends up on the south coast(ish). I've had mine for 22 years and I'll probably be buried in it. There aren't many jobs I haven't done.

By the way you don't need a spring compressor to do a CV joint. I've found a way to remove driveshafts/CVs/Rotoflexes without even popping a ball joint. Thanks to the flexibility of said Rotoflexes you can knock the shaft out of the CV without disturbing anything else.

Anyway glwts and all that and I'm following this one.

DSCN1696_zpsls7kc6uu.jpg

The red dot signifies the general area that requires a small patch let in to the inner wing.

DSCN1695_zpsspwlzfzj.jpg

The hole could be repaired if you wished but a wing is provided in case you CBA.

DSCN1694_zpsqmtsnbgm.jpg

Easy to get to and pretty uncomplicated patch needed.

DSCN1693_zpsfppdr95y.jpg

Engine. Lightly stripped, all bits tagged and bagged.

DSCN1692_zpsfquph4ra.jpg

Not bad at all really. Decent tyres fitted all round (ha, all round. Meh)

DSCN1712_zpsq4lq6gaf.jpg

Front valance looks nice and solid. This is a good thing. Trust me.

DSCN1714_zps8kgayhle.jpg

DSCN1715_zpsnw7rpewg.jpg

Remote brake servo. Cor.

DSCN1706_zpsf2ci0mj8.jpg

A wipe down reveals some shine on the paint. Valencia Blue. Rear wheel arches need a little fettling but again, pretty straightforward.

DSCN1707_zpshhkblp7c.jpg

Seats. Front. Tan. Damaged. Rears are ace. Headlining has a bit of damage here and there. Dash is fine. Door cards are fine too. Carpet dirty and a bit shite. 

Best pics I could do as the light was shite and I couldn't push the car out on my own.

Fair enough this does look great, and such a nice colour, but I'm deffo not in any sort of position for another project seeing as I don't even have one functioning vehicle to get me to and from work and whatnot

But that is truly the way of the shiter-

1 buy broken car

2 fail to fix broken car

3 buy another ‘quick fix’ broken car to cover you until number one is sorted

4 fail to fix that broken car

5 repeat until either money or wife runs out

C'mon folks, save this little Triumph from the eBay mongs. Let's try and keep her in the fold.

I will continue to clean up the wing area and temp refit the NOS wing. If a potential buyer wants to come down for the day we can try and tackle the CV joint. I can refit the bits and you could even drive it home. 

^^ Those tyres have got a good grip! Damson is a lovely colour.

I had a brand new set of tyres on it and circumstances changed so it's now been sat on new shoes for the last three years not moving, I bet they are nice and egg shaped now ☹️

No idea why my phone dies this to some pictures? Anyway have a free bump