cheapest place to buy anti-freeze????

retrogeezer

You don't say what part of the country or world you are from and nothing in your profile. :-(I used SMF last time I wanted some :-http://www.autoinsider.co.uk/mapping/map.php?pc=DA1+4ALThink they have branches all over the south.

:lol: Thanks and I was kind of meaning bigger stores, not your local family run car parts place.And yes, I'm in Cheshire and won't be driving half way across the country to save a quid. I just meant places like Motorworld etc.Not heard of SMF and moved here from the South. Camberley Auto Factors used to be pretty good and I think I've seen a similar logo on a van up here.

Thanks and I was kind of meaning bigger stores, not your local family run car parts place.

I think Southern Motor Factors is quite big.http://www.smfuk.com/
Yep, I guess they are, and probably something to do with CAF which is Camberley Auto Factors and whatever the one is I have seen around up here. *edit* just found it - Potteries Motor Factors.Your 1st link just goes to a map though - not the smf website?Anyway, I was just after a simple answer to a simple question, if anyone had seen it cheap anywhere really.Thanks anyway.

Well this is what I get when I click your link....maybe it's because you are a member as there is a log-in at the top?

No; same as I get.Perhaps I miss understood the OP? I thought he wanted to know where he could get antifreeze at a reasonable price. As he didn't give his location all I had to go on was my last purchase.

Sorry Keef, but where is anti-freeze on there? It's a map of Dartford?

You didn't say you wanted to buy it online. I was simply giving you a "where".Best bet if you want online is to Google for antifreeze although P&P charges will no doubt be quite high.http://www.morrislubricantsonline.co.uk ... roduct=246Then there's Evilbay :-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Anti-freeze-Antif ... 01258985QQ

Comma stuff is pretty good, and usually priced at £15/5ltr at my local independent factor, for pre-mixed blue (non-OAT).CostCo had good deals on Prestone recently (about £6 for 5ltr concentrate) but, now the weather is good again, have run out of stock. Doh! That's in the Reading branch anyway. Is there one near Crewe and do you know anyone with a card?

You didn't say you wanted to buy it online. I was simply giving you a "where".

Keef, we are going around in circles here. I don't want to buy it on-line, and I can't see where there is anti-freeze on that link anyway.It's just like an car website - no mention of anti-freeze anywhere. As I said already, I guess there is a search there somewhere to find local motor factors to me but that is not obvious from the link.There is a costco in Stoke and a mate has a card for there so will give them a try next time I'm over that way.

Keef, we are going around in circles here.

Your sat nav must be faulty! :-)

I don't want to buy it on-line,

You don't want to buy it from a factors, nor online. You sure you want to buy it at all? ;-)

and I can't see where there is anti-freeze on that link anyway.

It's not on the link. The link shows you where to buy it. :roll:

You don't want to buy it from a factors

Now, where did I say I did not want to buy it from a factors??

The link shows you where to buy it

For the umpteenth time - it does not! It is a map of Dartford...how is that map showing me where to buy anti freeze? Now if I am missing something I apologise, but all I see is a map of DA1 and a load of links to various car related stuff.Anyone? Bueller??