Meet Roadkill in Northampton Sunday 19th November!

Heidel_Kakao

Have we merged with RetroRides or something?

AFAIK, no. 

Is there a problem? I thought we were posting about a programme some of us like. 

I don't post on threads about EVs, politics or Vauxhall Corsas, Rover 75s or knackered Citroens because they don't interest me, fam. 

Etc. 

How did they think only 100 people would turn up to this?  It all seemed very odd that they'd made such a low-key deal out of it given the show's popularity over here.  Does rather explain why so few were chosen to show.   I'm hoping this makes it into one of the new episodes in some form other than a footnote.  Perhaps the enthusiasm will encourage them to come and do a proper episode in the UK. 

How did they think only 100 people would turn up to this?  It all seemed very odd that they'd made such a low-key deal out of it given the show's popularity over here.  Does rather explain why so few were chosen to show.   I'm hoping this makes it into one of the new episodes in some form other than a footnote.  Perhaps the enthusiasm will encourage them to come and do a proper episode in the UK. 

Sadly, I haven't seen any photos that included video gear.

The invite poster said there would be footage shot for Roadkill Extra. 

There were two folk there officially with video DSLRs; the awards ceremony was filmed (and their bloke got in the way as I tried to take a couple of shots); Elana Scherr interviewed the bloke with the diesel Charger and Jonny Smith with his 383 (which might have been for Motor Trend Forbidden Drives - he buggered off before I could ask the question). 

Also I didn't realise that Mercedes-diesel-powered car was built for the show!

How did I fail to get a photo of it? :-(

Elana's blog page on roadkill.com

244Roadkill-EBC-Brakes-England-2017.jpg

I did not go.  But I 'm glad you lot did.  And that we have internets.

Oldford's Sierra looks nothing short of amazing.  What a fantastic tribute to the man; a real credit.

They have been papped by Roadkill.com

Christina and her friends, Jono Carman and Andy Clayton share a 1991 Ford Sierra. They aren’t roommates and they don’t even live near each other. They just plan to swap it around every few months so everybody gets a go

254Roadkill-EBC-Brakes-England-2017.jpg

Isn't that just the best tribute