Meet Roadkill in Northampton Sunday 19th November!

Heidel_Kakao

Cool so the car park in the blue circle is Six Fields Reservoir Car Park is that right?

Seems like a good place as any to meet up before heading down to the event. I don't know what time it is due to start from as they haven't said yet but will hopefully give more details before the day.

I was thinking of getting to the meeting point somewhere around 10AM if that doesn't seem too early for people?

If you can get a shot of Freiburger with the Proton, that'd be grand. Ta.

Facebook post by Roadkill says to email if you're going, so they have an idea of numbers.

post-82-0-53959900-1510099853_thumb.jpg

I have emailed them with details of the Proton but I am not going to be surprised if they deem it non display worthy. I attached photos to my application including one with the light up badge which may be enough to swing it lol.

We have times now of 10:00 - 16:00.

"Dear Roadkill fan,

Thank you for your interest in the upcoming RoadKill in collaboration with EBC Brakes event on Sunday 19th November 2017. We honestly didn’t expect the overwhelming response that this event has generated, in fact we thought only a handful of people in the UK would know about Roadkill, how wrong we were.

We have received HUNDREDS of requests from die hard RoadKill fans right across Europe, all requesting to exhibit their cars on the day. We would like to be able to facilitate all of the applicants, however we only have a strict 98 spots on the EBC main site for show cars and unfortunately this means that on this occasion your car has not been chosen to be an on-site exhibit.

We would however like to remind you that the event is free entry to all members of public when entering on foot between 10am – 4pm. We hope you will still attend the event to come hang out with Freiburger and Dulcich on the day and you can park your car on the road out front of the EBC buildings (It’s a Sunday and a large industrial estate, so plenty of spaces within a few minutes walk). There will some truly incredible cars on show and it’s the first-time Roadkill have been to the UK.

Additionally, when going through the applications we have noted that many of you love EBC products and have EBC Brakes fitted to your vehicles and we would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you that is supporting our brand, we really appreciate your business and we look forward to meeting you on Sunday 19th November at our Northampton World HQ, address: EBC Brakes World Headquarters, Upton Valley Way East, Northampton, NN4 9EF, United Kingdom.

Perhaps this will be the start something new and show the Roadkill team that they need to have a yearly event at a large venue in the UK!!

Best regards,

EBC Team"

Oh well, anyone else lucky enough to get chosen to exhibit on site?

"Dear Roadkill fan,

on this occasion your car has not been chosen to be an on-site exhibit.

I just got exactly the same email - despite pictures, video, and me pointing out the similarities to Freiburger's Super Bee!

But I didn't realise I was applying to be an exhibit, just thought I was asking to make sure there was a parking spot. From the email it suggests that parking is unlikely to be an issue, so it still looks a possibility. Just looked at the long range forecast, and it looks as though they will be gritting though given that the temperatures are approaching freezing :-(

Given we're only 15 miles down the road I might just have a wander up there.  Main objective to just say hello to some like minded folks, and to let anyone who wants to have a nosey at the Lada.  ...unless I've got the Activa by then or I'll have to make a decision then!  Probably Lada though as it's more interesting to more people.

Bonus points if we can get a shot of it and a Proton together.

...have to admit I'd love a chance to have a proper look at an old Proton again anyway, really miss my old 1.5GL...It's been probably 15 years since I last sat in one.

We've got a friend's wedding on Saturday though, so will be dependent on not getting roped in to helping deal with the aftermath of that.

Right. My R16, heroically roadkilled all the way from fucking Bremerhaven, was DECLINED.

Guys, please try to talk me back into it.

Your trip may have been roadkill but a R16 is never Roadkill!

I am going to laugh at the UK interpretation Roadkill and meet up with the crazy and stupid lot that make up AS, me I am completely normal!

By the tone of their email, they probably just said yes to the first 98 entrants and have been categorically denying the rest.

Also, they can get statistics from Netflix and YouTube of how many people are watching what from where. No real reason they should have had no idea where their show is popular...

"Dear Roadkill fan,

Thank you for your interest in the upcoming RoadKill in collaboration with EBC Brakes event on Sunday 19th November 2017. We honestly didn’t expect the overwhelming response that this event has generated, in fact we thought only a handful of people in the UK would know about Roadkill, how wrong we were.

We have received HUNDREDS of requests from die hard RoadKill fans right across Europe, all requesting to exhibit their cars on the day. We would like to be able to facilitate all of the applicants, however we only have a strict 98 spots on the EBC main site for show cars and unfortunately this means that on this occasion your car has not been chosen to be an on-site exhibit.

We would however like to remind you that the event is free entry to all members of public when entering on foot between 10am – 4pm. We hope you will still attend the event to come hang out with Freiburger and Dulcich on the day and you can park your car on the road out front of the EBC buildings (It’s a Sunday and a large industrial estate, so plenty of spaces within a few minutes walk). There will some truly incredible cars on show and it’s the first-time Roadkill have been to the UK.

Additionally, when going through the applications we have noted that many of you love EBC products and have EBC Brakes fitted to your vehicles and we would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you that is supporting our brand, we really appreciate your business and we look forward to meeting you on Sunday 19th November at our Northampton World HQ, address: EBC Brakes World Headquarters, Upton Valley Way East, Northampton, NN4 9EF, United Kingdom.

Perhaps this will be the start something new and show the Roadkill team that they need to have a yearly event at a large venue in the UK!!

Best regards,

EBC Team"

Oh well, anyone else lucky enough to get chosen to exhibit on site?

Dear Roadkill fan,

Best regards,

EBC Team

That's despite I even offered to bring an EBS mint/boxed asbestos brake pad set as a gift for Freiburger, to which they wrote me:

Thanks for the email. Reference the asbestos pads unfortunately due to how dangerous these pads can be ideally they should be disposed of we can not allow these pads to come on site due to the potential risk that they can cause.

Kind regards

Chris Church

Technical Advisor

01604 583344

Hence I put them in a parcel and posted it to:

EBS Brakes Headquarters

c/o Mr Chris Church, Technical Advisor

Northampton NN4 9EF

Eh? I've not seen any Brits having anywhere near as much fun, or doing anything half as stupid as the Roadkill guys.

Surely you've not forgotten Hammond/May/Clarkson larking about, enjoying their life, for 16 years and counting  8)

That's ok. Different strokes for different folks. Some people apparently like The Grand Tour.

Umm, well me, for starters

Well, ok, not all of it, but enough of it.  Like Roadkill too, not all of it, but also plenty of it.

As an aside I was thinking the other day about whether there was warrant for a revisit of the Rover 75 CDTI all these years on for Hubnut TV?  Collecting in a few weeks, would be willing to bring it across for Hubnut assessment.  Autobox too, so no clutch annoyances.  Heated seating in working order.

Surely you've not forgotten Hammond/May/Clarkson larking about, enjoying their life, for 16 years and counting  8)

As an aside I was thinking the other day about whether there was warrant for a revisit of the Rover 75 CDTI all these years on for Hubnut TV?  Collecting in a few weeks, would be willing to bring it across for Hubnut assessment.  Autobox too, so no clutch annoyances.  Heated seating in working order.

I don't count Top Gear. Scripted nonsense. I liked Roadkill because it's genuine. Some episodes are really boring, because it's so unscripted that sometimes nothing interesting happens. I like that. 

Would definitely like to meet a Rover 75 diesel auto. The manual gearboxes can get in the sea.