Meet Roadkill in Northampton Sunday 19th November!

Heidel_Kakao

Just seen this on Roadkill FB page

"Roadkill is coming to the UK! Finally we can reveal that on SUNDAY, Nov 19 we will be at EBC Brakes, Upton Valley Way East, Pineham, Northampton, NN4 9EF. It will be Freiburger and Dulcich on hand for autographs or just hanging out. We have room for about 200 cars, so bring us some good stuff from all over Europe! There will also be food trucks and motorbike stunts by Lee Bowers! We’ll be shooting video for Roadkill Extra. Be there, and make sure to support EBC Brakes."

I know we have some fans of the show on here so who is up for popping down and showing them how Autoshite roll?

Looking at the post on Facebook I have a funny feeling there be more than 200 cars there.

You could be right, though people normally say they will be attending then just don't bother so who knows, worse case scenario we can all just go to rantingYoof's house now that we know he is just down the road.

Seriously though can anyone who knows the area suggest a good point to meet up beforehand so we could all convoy in? Maybe a local McDonalds or similar. Also it could be good to have a back up plan for somewhere to go if it really is too full to get in. I am hoping with it being an industrial park on a Sunday there should be plenty of overflow parking.

You could be right, though people normally say they will be attending then just don't bother so who knows, worse case scenario we can all just go to rantingYoof's house now that we know he is just down the road.

Seriously though can anyone who knows the area suggest a good point to meet up beforehand so we could all convoy in? Maybe a local McDonalds or similar. Also it could be good to have a back up plan for somewhere to go if it really is too full to get in. I am hoping with it being an industrial park on a Sunday there should be plenty of overflow parking.

The most logical close-by place to meet up is Sixfields, which is where the Cobblers frequently win* football matches and where there are numerous eateries to cater for nearly every taste. If there's no footy match on one of the stadium car parks is normally open as it has a hand car wash operating from it. I'll point this out using maps when I'm on a desktop.

If it gets too bonkers to drive to or park at then Upton Park is within a 20 minute walk and there is a car park there too. Whether other locals have the same idea or not on the day I cannot say.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I want to go in the Princess but I know in true Roadkill fashion it will be broken in a new an interesting way, or broken in an old and boring way.  I'll just stay at home, probably easier that way.

That's not a very Roadkill attitude, all you need to do is find a camera crew to follow you around and help out of it breaks down

I'll probably bring the Stellar, if the roads aren't salty that weekend.

Awesome, if a V8 Stellar isn't Roadkill then I don't know what is.

I can see it being overwhelmed by young pushy brash video game lads in their heavily Barried motors and the Police having to shut it down due to burnout your shout yobbos. 

Why two Americans are revered when British blokes doing similar efforts get slated with death threats I cannot understand

Or am I old and cynical.  Probably.

My favourite episode

Flip flops in effect.

post-19970-0-57543500-1509883798_thumb.jpg

The black circle is where the Roadkill event is.

The blue circle is a car-park near the football stadium that is often open because there's a hand car-wash operating from it on non-football days. There are no Cobblers or Saints fixtures on Sunday 19th November. This represents a good place for people to meet up if they wanted to do so. To get there from the M1, you would come off at Junction 15a which is to the south of this map, come northbound up the A5123, straight over the large roundabout onto the A5076, and then right at the second roundabout. Roadkill is accessed by turning left after the A5123 and heading towards Pineham.

The red circle is where some parking may be available at Upton Park; there's a smallish parking area for people using the country park but it's free and not regulated like an NCP car park. I imagine others may have the same idea on the day. You can then walk from here to the Roadkill event in around 20 minutes by following the dotted line through the park and over to Upton Valley Way East.

Dragonfly Way is a new housing estate literally dumped in the middle of an industrial estate in the middle of nowhere. I imagine they are going to absolutely love* this event.

Cool so the car park in the blue circle is Six Fields Reservoir Car Park is that right?

Seems like a good place as any to meet up before heading down to the event. I don't know what time it is due to start from as they haven't said yet but will hopefully give more details before the day.

I was thinking of getting to the meeting point somewhere around 10AM if that doesn't seem too early for people?