Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

Bit annoyed that I set out today to sort out logistics for this mess, and instead just ended up rendering the Lexus completely unusable. I have located a tow bar for the Lexus, but it is in Reading, which is not helpful.

I shall be driving past Reading on Wednesday, on my way home to 5 miles south of bromyard, if that is any help.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Right. I think I've decided to go for a 7.5t box van. For a start, I haven't driven a truck for seven years, and I'd like another go. Secondly, it'll be large enough to take both Invacars, and the tail-lift will definitely be useful too. They can be lifted with a forklift at the start, so it'd getting them out I'm worried about. With that in mind, I might go for a three-day hire as 56mph is going to be hard work...

Y'know what'd be ideal, a 7.5t gee gee box as they have a handy ramp even if they do pong of horseshit.

Drove a Leyland one years back. Noice.

Plus if it's pre 1 Oct 2001, You can piss through the diesel at a rate of knots because unlimited (70mph motorway limit applies) and also allowed outside lane action (https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q590.htm)

A LWB transit is apparently large enough and has twice the weight capacity over a single invacar. That and some scaffolding planks to get it up should do it. Would require two runs though.

Misread that as 'would require two nuns though'. These collections threads are getting weirder, I tells ya...

Tail lifts are awesome devices. Best of luck!

Just a reminder folks, I'll be driving an empty 7.5 tonner from Welshpool to Sussex on Tuesday, which will be thrilling* (M6, M42, M40, M25 I suspect). If anyone needs a (very slow) lift, or anything big shifting, make yourself known.

On Wednesday, I'll be driving from Sussex back to Wales (along the M4) and will have some space in the back.

Just a reminder folks, I'll be driving an empty 7.5 tonner from Welshpool to Sussex ALL Tuesday, which will be thrilling* (M6, M42, M40, M25 I suspect). If anyone needs a (very slow) lift, or anything big shifting, make yourself known.

ALL Wednesday, I'll be driving from Sussex back to Wales (along the M4) and will have some space in the back.

EFA