Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

Often the distinctive green BCF Halon variety and whilst it was the most efficient extinguishant ever made, it would kill you if inhaled, hence it was outlawed years ago, due also to it destroying the ozone apparently.

Off topic, but in our old building a contractor set off the halon system in the server room. Two chaps had to jump out a window onto an adjacent flat roof. Could have went a lot worse.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Wooo!

Congratulation on it passing, cant wait to see it on the road some more :)

the vehicle enquiry service page is yet to be updated, the MOT check one has been tho :) 

not a single even a single advisory very cool!, loving the pictures you took too, its looking very majestic  :mrgreen: what did the post office guys think of it? :)

"You can't rest your arms on the handlebars either, as that applies the brakes" I see invacar was ahead of its time, you fall asleep at/on the "wheel" and the car automatically comes to a halt  :mrgreen:

now you have done 55 Mph forward, do that going backwards! hehe :)

She really isn't. Worse if anything!

Hmm...

First suspect there would be crud getting into the carb, especially as the movement will have done a good job of sloshing stuff around in the tank. Assume there's an in-line filter been fitted by now? Don't forget the gauze filter hiding above the carb needle valve. Oh, there's a gauze filter in the pump too.

Next up would be ignition...not sure if you've still got points/condenser in place...if so make sure the points don't need a tweak now the engine has a few hours on. Likewise if the condenser was going to die, now it's got some time on would be likely.

Crud floating around in the carb is probably favourite though.

Have to admit to this just making me even more excited for the day I (hopefully) manage to get mine roadworthy.

That would destroy the character completely. It's not that hard to push down on a handlebar rather than a pedal. MOT man took straight to it!

In my head it feels mega tiring to not be able to rest my arms on the bars without dragging the brakes, but I suppose if there's a decent return spring it'd be OK.

Given it's coming and going, a sticky needle valve in the carb would account for a lot.

Accelerator jet is usually fed from right at the bottom of the float bowl...so it would still be able to get some fuel even if the level had dropped below the tapping for the main or idle jets...just a thought!

Given it's coming and going, a sticky needle valve in the carb would account for a lot.

Accelerator jet is usually fed from right at the bottom of the float bowl...so it would still be able to get some fuel even if the level had dropped below the tapping for the main or idle jets...just a thought!

That makes sense. As you'll see from the video, the accelerator pump really was the only thing that kept me going! I made great use of it.