Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

Even if Lord Wobbles of Welshland had a balaclava on his bonce, everyone in the area would still know it's that nutty Brummie druid bloke, as he's the only one hatstand enough to buy something like an Invacar

You could try wiping the inner windscreen with detergent to stop it misting-up.

Good luck Ian@

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It will be dirty, good glass cleaner once a month and that really helps. Also one of the moisture absorbing pillow things you can buy under the seat. Helps on my Reliant. 3m glass cleaning foam seems the best one i have used.

Balljoint covers arrived. They're not the right ones, so we'll see whether they pass. They are covering the important bits. Easy to change if not.

So, I decided to book the MOT! 2pm Friday.

DYF5u5aXUAAfOZv.jpg

Have just remembered that I haven't fitted the low panels on the engine. I'd better do that.

Rain X is good for anti misting. I used it in the visor of my crash helmet (i was a 'ped rider years ago) and it was brilliant.

Seconded. The windscreen outside formula works well; the inside antifog formula can be a bit hit and miss. I only say that because it doesn't really work on Cit CX glass, which carries on fogging over as if nothing had happened!!

Balljoint covers arrived. They're not the right ones, so we'll see whether they pass. They are covering the important bits. Easy to change if not.

DYF5u5aXUAAfOZv.jpg

Have just remembered that I haven't fitted the low panels on the engine. I'd better do that.

Given the effort and hilarity crammed into getting this historic example going again, I'd be surprised if it failed.

DYF5u5aXUAAfOZv.jpg

I'm so glad I read this post, it reminded me I hadn't booked my car in for MOT, runs out on Sat :shock:  Best of luck TWK

Woo! hope it passes :)

cant wait to see its first MOT to show up on the DVLA website  :mrgreen: (did invalid carriages need MOTs back in the day?)

DVLAs site still says it has 10L engine :) will that be "fixed" when the MOT goes through?

(also First Post FTW :) )

And a fine first post too. I will get the engine size sorted. I need to change the tax class, so I'll aim to do that at the same time. They did need MOTs as far as I'm aware.

If you are going to do a 0-60, please don't be like Colin Furze and wear no protective gear. An incident at 60mph in that thing could leave you needing to use one for the rest of your life.

Well, as I haven't got any protective gear, I guess I'll be taking my chances. Like the 2CV (or the Nippa for that matter), I accept the danger and it'll certainly keep me on my toes. 

A mere 12 miles! Thankfully. Well, 15 if I take the main road. 12 miles is tiny back roads, which I'm tempted to take...

24/30 miles of twisty roads and hills sounds pretty dangerous for a first serious outing DW. 

Remember, other road users will not be expecting (or even able to see) an Invacar. Added to that, you are a relatively (hmmm, totally) inexperienced pilot when it comes to the handling of it on public roads.

Take care old chap and the best of luck to you both!

Oooer!!!

Andy   :roll: