Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

Does sound like the exhaust may be partially blocked.

Can you pull the exhaust off enough that the ports are open to air and (with ear plugs) see if it does the same spit-back through the carb at full throttle? Sounds like there's too much back pressure being generated. At full throttle the intake manifold is as close to ambient pressure as it can be, so any pulse coming back during valve overlap will barf back out instead through the venturi (bringing fuel with it) of being absorbed by the vacuum at partial throttle. 

Phil

I did blow a great load of shite out of the exhaust in one of the videos. It was mostly the heater side of things that was blocked. I am tempted to try another pipe-off run, to see if it does make any difference. A blockage has been a concern. 

Anyway, major milestone today. 300 miles! She was on 28345 when I found her.

DdaToPPW0AA0UlF.jpg

no mention of AS? As a Guardian reader I somehow missed this with Grenfell Brexcitt Windrush Iran North Korea Trump Child grooming scandals. I shall have to do better.

No, but they are finally in the edit phase.

In other news, lefty-beardy achievement unlocked!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/29/ac-invacar-model-70-review-invalid-carriage-festival-of-the-unexceptional

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the latest video, I sat up last night with Mrs T watching it, when you put the cable ties behind you ears and claimed to be a insect Mrs T just looked at me and said i had some weird friends...

I'd like to do something similar like you do with the videos with my cars but i don't really have a clue what I'm doing and the few i have done have got some pretty damning reviews on Youtube, mostly involving wind noise and music in the background, it always feels a bit harsh as I'm hardly a Steven Spielburg! Puts me off wanting to do it.

I enjoyed the latest video, I sat up last night with Mrs T watching it, when you put the cable ties behind you ears and claimed to be a insect Mrs T just looked at me and said i had some weird friends...

I'd like to do something similar like you do with the videos with my cars but i don't really have a clue what I'm doing and the few i have done have got some pretty damning reviews on Youtube, mostly involving wind noise and music in the background, it always feels a bit harsh as I'm hardly a Steven Spielburg! Puts me off wanting to do it.

Your wife has a point. You do. She's might quite a few of them!

Shooting footage outdoors is always a nightmare. I've had to abort filming quite a few times due to wind - you can't get those fluffy mic covers for mobiles. An external mic could do that though. I never use music to avoid copyright woes. Unless it's my own music. And that doesn't happen very often.

I never use music to avoid copyright woes. Unless it's my own music. And that doesn't happen very often.

Who needs music when you have the sound of that Steyr-Puch engine, which according to Youtube subtitles is music anyway? For added hilarity, I thoroughly recommend watching Mr Wobbler's videos with the automatic subtitles turned on. For example:

Ian: There's Matt George in his Triumph 2000

Subtitle: There's much Georgian is trying to frozen

And that's without trying to interpret Welsh place names like Camilla (Cwmystwyth)

Best bit recently was end of the farewell to the Honda. "I need to find tea. How do these cities work? Where is tea?" Youtube actually subtitled that correctly but it still properly cracked me up.

Indeed. I'm trying to drive her daily, because she seems to get better with every drive, and also to build up my familiarity with it. I can fair hoon in it now, with a certain degree of confidence. As long as it isn't windy. And I don't have to suddenly swerve for anything...

This is a very small video of last night.

https://twitter.com/HubNutVids/status/997536747172098048 

I just had this strange notion of an overdrive unit being fitted after the belts...

That being said, it appears to be happy buzzing along at full tilt?

Wouldn't really be possible. Drive comes out of the gearbox to one pulley, then back into the gearbox by chain drive from the second pulley and straight down to the final drive. I'd say she sounds happier at 45-50 than 55-60. Doesn't seem as rev happy as a 2CV engine.

Wouldn't really be possible. Drive comes out of the gearbox to one pulley, then back into the gearbox by chain drive from the second pulley and straight down to the final drive. I'd say she sounds happier at 45-50 than 55-60. Doesn't seem as rev happy as a 2CV engine.

Fair enough. Still think it's a bit choked up and the timing advance curve is rather limited. Does the 2CV have vacuum on the ignition?

Phil