Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

Stainless steel fixings would at least hold in, plastic ones tend to chew up in my experience but are also much easier to drill out.

Phil

Edit: or regular steel screws but get Phillips ones because once they round out that's the perfect countersink to put the drill bit in

Swap the bungee for a ratchet strap and it’ll pass an MOT as long as it doesn’t rock around....

This.  I've been using Poundland ratchet straps to retain batteries for years, never had one fail a test.  Although the one on the Rover of Doom needs changing every year as its battery leaks slightly, and cheap ratchet straps and battery acid don't really mix.

Problem is, the holes in the light fitting are exactly the same size as the ones in the body. Original solution was machine thread screws with tiny nuts.

Is there enough room around the holes in the fitting to drill them out to clearance size for suitable self tappers? Probably only need to be a millimetre or so bigger to clear the thread.

DHSS regs,all fitted with one as standard

Often the distinctive green BCF Halon variety and whilst it was the most efficient extinguishant ever made, it would kill you if inhaled, hence it was outlawed years ago, due also to it destroying the ozone apparently.

A delivery service I reckon I will take you up on too.

...my question of where in the car the extinguisher should live remains valid though. I've got one in a box here, but not the foggiest idea where it should be in the car.

At least my former former manager won't be anywhere near it. He managed to snag his tie on the extinguisher in one of the works vans while digging in the back (it was on the bulkhead between the seats) and set it off. Powder extinguishers make a heck of a mess. All I heard was a hell of surprise followed by frantic swearing, then he emerged from the van (rapidly) looking like a snowman.

When that can moved on a couple of years later we were still finding extinguisher powder.