Dollywobbler's Invacar - Ongoing

dollywobbler

It is horribly early. It is dark outside. I had no idea which T-shirt I'd put on this morning. Thankfully, it is actually one of mine.

Stage one of this lengthy caper involves taking the Lexus to The Midlands for a cambelt change. Then, it's on to Sussex tonight, before The Big Reveal tomorrow morning. Oh I think you're going to like this one folks! Easily my most ridiculous caper yet.

The subject matter has been standing in a field for years, so there will not be a 'drive home' element to this. Plan is just to move said subject matter to a safe location, though my eventual dream is indeed to drive it back to Wales.

Right. I'd better get started! Dudley here we come.

When most people buy a car it involves walking into a dealers, drinking awful coffee from a plastic cup, signing some awful forms from a plastic salesman and getting a bunch of flowers on the passenger's seat.

The Autoshite way is utterly superior in every way, except that the car doesn't usually go.  A trifling matter when you consider the upsides.  Good luck!

Nah, I reckon he's gone all Cavcraft on us and it'll be a rancid Ford Fiesta that's been languishing in the corner of a stable yard, with an interior that requires use of a hazmat suit.

Whatever it is, chodspeed you magnificent lunatic.

I can't imagine what could both have survived sitting in a Sussexian field for goodness knows how long and have DW excited enough that he won't share what it is until he's collected it.  He doesn't like rust so surely it's not some old Datsun or obscure thing from Mitsubishi or the like.  I'm actually completely out of ideas on this one.  Not helped by the current Wobbler Fleet which consists of a pre-war designed Citroen, a diminutive anachronisitic Malaysian, a boxy Japanese city van and a gigantonormous luxobarge which pretty much covers all bases.

I tell a lie, I can image what might get him all frothy:  Citroen Ami.  But you wouldn't want to take one of those on that had been sat in a field forever.