Four Sayle - Yugo 45 / "Tempo" (Not Mine)

davidfowler2000

As titled.

My mate Justin from work has announced he plans to sell his Yugo 45 / "Tempo" to clear the way for something equally dismal.

I don't know much about it other than it's reg (J275 SOC), MoT till August and he's looking for "As near to £1100 as possible". Car is located in Kilbirnie about a mile walk from Glengarnock train station.

If there's any serious Yugo botherers out there that are interested, ask questions and I'll forward them on.

Photos below from this year's "Shite in The Lakes"

post-5330-0-04659700-1508973231_thumb.jpg

post-5330-0-55175900-1508973272_thumb.jpg

post-5330-0-96651100-1508973297_thumb.jpg

post-5330-0-40671300-1508973326_thumb.jpg

I can recommend this delightful vehicle as it was owned by yours truly darn sarf for a few years. She had little use in my ownership and was kept in a garage. I only sold her on due to lack of use and having too much shite to worry about at the time. If you're a hoarder like me and still have Classic Car Weekly from 6.7.16 there's a review of her in there from when a subsequent owner was selling her. Looks like she's still in good nick and deserving of a good home for rarity value alone.

Owned several Ladas and Skodas, nearly bought an FSO a few years ago too but the seller started faffing me around so I walked away.

Have never even sat in one of these though... honestly curious what they're like.

If the condition is as good as it looks that price is probably reasonable, if not a bit cheap.  The Eastern Bloc motors seem to be gaining quite a following these days.

Didn't realise they were around as late as a J plate though!  Assume they stopped there due to the requirements for a cat from 1993?

These are actually rather good little cars.  They are basically a re-skin of the old Fiat 127 which was the benchmark for the class in the 70s.  Marie's blue one was a jolly little thing to drive, and having recently (back then, 1986) owned a 127 I think I'm in a position to compare.  Ford used 127s as development mules for the Fiesta, which must say something!

my old 45 had the 903cc engine from panda's etc..piss easy to work on, swapped a head gasket in under 15mins..and the car cost the grand sum of £25!!

sailed the MOT and was a cracking car to drive..very peppy little engine, quite roomy too..lots of folk took the pee but when they found out what i paid for it they soon stopped, used it for 12 months then passed on to a mates daughter to learn to drive in - - - -she promptly hit a brick wall and wrote it off :(