Land Rover Stolen - Shropshire

Justin Case

A friend of my wife's has had her Land Rover stolen about midnight last night (she thinks) from her farm near Much Wenlock. I don't have many details other than it is blue and registraton V 875 KAW, but I assume that would be a Defender. Any information please pm me and I can pass it on or contact police  (West Mercia ?)

Please share if you can and thanks.

They seem ridiculously easy to steal given the amount that go walkies,even near new ones, really sad as they have such devoted owners 

What I was thinking - even very average/rusty examples aren't safe, a friend of mine has lost two 110's in the space of less than ten years, both were well worn and frankly, very 'used' looking shall we say. 

If you have one - nail the thing down with some decent security features. Don't let the fuckers win. 

Around 5 or 6 years ago, My Dad's friend had a smart looking Black 110 Defender crewcab pick up, It was a 1997 P reg.

Same as this one pictured below..

6584.1317806350.jpg

Anyway, He had it hooked up to a car trailer which he used to move cars about (auction collections etc) & one morning during the early hours, an attempt was made to steal it.

They had broke the passenger side front window & gained entry, They then had attempted to burst the ignition, as the cowling was broken off & the ignition barrel was barely hanging in there, but they must have got disturbed when doing this, as the attempted theft was only discovered by my Dads friend the next again morning.

He got rid of it pretty quickly after that. It put him off owning a Defender. Which was a shame, because it was handy for me as he moved my cars around for me, using the defender & trailer.

I personally have never had one, but I do not fancy having one after looking at that Landywatch page....They go missing fairly frequently  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: