cheapest way to put the battery in the boot?

pauldoubleyou

Damnit, that level of sarcasm had only just occurred to me & then I find I'm beaten to it.

It occurred to me yesterday, I was going to suggest bunging a Duracell AAA in the boot, but I ended up taking issue with that "Retro Rides" comment instead so missed my chance :-(

Yeah.. this grew arms and legs. So i need to put the battery in the boot for space. Its a tiny car and a big engine.

I dont drive a £200 car with £2000 wheels so i dont tend to post on RR that much.. much prefer this forum.

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated.

My wife had a couple of E46 convertibles which both had some sort of stabiliser thing between the battery box and the bodyshell, I think the tray itself was on a rubber base for some reason, as if there was a weight distribution or anti resonance thing going on there. Seemed a little over engineered to me, but no doubt some sound thinking behind the principle? (Not sure if non-cabrio E46s had the same arrangement)

Indeed. Don't most cars with batteries in the boot have special batteries for exactly that reason?

I seem to recall a recent story on here about MX5s & normal batteries being fitted resulting in rusty boots due to this.

So that's why the under seat battery for the PT Cruiser was £160...

I have fitted a normal battery now.

Will I die?

The Rover cable proffered earlier went to a battery that lived beneath the offside.rear passenger's ringpiece and not the boot. Though both items have no special venting arrangements theres no record of an 'Auntie' exploding due to gas emissions being ignited by stray sparks. People worry too much these days.

I've never worried about exploderating, but I've seen enough posts etc to know that it can cause rot if not properly vented. I think I recall a vent hose on my XJ40 for example.

I've never worried about exploderating, but I've seen enough posts etc to know that it can cause rot if not properly vented. I think I recall a vent hose on my XJ40 for example.

The XJ40's battery sits on a raised cradle bolted to the boot floor and the battery vents with a small pipe which runs out through the boot floor. Quite a few of them don't have this pipe any more, but the boot is itself ventilated since all the cabin air runs though vents into the boot then out of the car - which may help?