Saab 93 for sale or bits of Saab maybe. Spears or reapers, bran find,ideel thirst car

D Spares & Tyres

This beauty is up for grabs

1.9 diesel. Good engine. Drives well enough for a 200k mile nail but its way past its best.

No MoT, can't be bothered to clean it up and flog it

I'm going to rip the engine and a few other bits out then weigh it in.

Would sell complete for £175 or can post bits.

post-19511-0-09030800-1508330210_thumb.jpg

The aircon compressor on my 93 floppytop with pezzer engine has bearings fubarred. Is there any likelyhood that yours will have the same unit? The garage just put a shorter belt on to take it out of the equation in case it seized, broke the belt and took the camshaft with it.

The aircon compressor on my 93 floppytop with pezzer engine has bearings fubarred. Is there any likelyhood that yours will have the same unit? The garage just put a shorter belt on to take it out of the equation in case it seized, broke the belt and took the camshaft with it.

My Saab aircon compressor whines fairly loudly but doesn't sound too horrendous. Switching to Econ gets rid of the whine. Is it in danger of dying and doing damage?

Swap for my Sterling and some ££s your way? Probably not and it sounds a bit desperate but I wouldn't mind cleaning it up myself and offering to Mother_Sterling as a Micra replacement.

I don't think its the car for you. It needs an proper EGR repair rather than the ingenious bodge it currently has ( XUD injector wedged in it and sealed up with glue )

I reckon the DMF is on the way out too, there is an unconsistant rattling noise on tickover.not that bad yet but reckon its an early warning of impending doom in the clutch department?

• 2 weeks later...