Le Mans Classic 2018 - July 6th-8th

Heidel_Kakao

Right lets dig this thread back up and see if there is any interest as it's just over a week to go before I set off. The plan at the moment is to hopefully take the hearse but as I make good money out of bringing back motorbikes that could change to the 806 if I can find a couple in the area. I am setting off a week on Thusday but might not get to Le Mans until Friday depending on bike purchasing. (If I take the hearse there is a Solex near Paris that I could get in the back) Anyone else going  ??

Heading out on Thursday evening and will get to Le-mans on Friday morning.

Camping at Beausejour with Mrs sloth. In my experience, though not as practical, the site is more civilized than the others and still allows us to get into town via the tram and is an easy walk to Arnage for food.

Including panhard65 at the moment there will be 10 of us staying at my farm. Current transport for 9 of us is Bentley T2 Turbo, Gordon Keeble, Mk2 Jaguar and a Land Rover 110 to haul shite and do minibus journeys. We will be arriving late Thursday afternoon/early evening and most leaving Monday morning, although I plan on staying on for a week or two.

Still plenty of space if anyone else wants to join us (6 acres of flat grass!) .

Including panhard65 at the moment there will be 10 of us staying at my farm. Current transport for 9 of us is Bentley T2 Turbo, Gordon Keeble, Mk2 Jaguar and a Land Rover 110 to haul shite and do minibus journeys. We will be arriving late Thursday afternoon/early evening and most leaving Monday morning, although I plan on staying on for a week or two.

Still plenty of space if anyone else wants to join us (6 acres of flat grass!) .

Might take you up on that in 2 years time as I'm not going this time around.

Got here at 5:15am French time. Had a quick sleep and then breakfast in Arnage.

Too much epicness, this event is off the scale for classics and shite. For example a fleet of early lotus 7s that have driven from England followed by a mark 1 Laguna, a battered Renault 19 and a Peugeot 304.

I arrived yesterday but haven't been up to the circuit yet as I am camping at saabnut's place. I think practically every classic car in France is out though,unfortunately I have no go driver so not many pics. I did follow a 404 pick up yesterday that was still working for a living.

On my way home now stopping in St Malo tonight before the ferry home tomorrow. It really was a great weekend and I watched far more racing than I normally do. Thanks to Saabnut for putting me up not that I saw much of you as I was at the circuit most of the time. The grandstand seat was well worth it as it was somewhere to go out of the sun. Some amazing cars and I am sure I didn't even scratch the surface of what was there. I might post some pictures when I am on better wi-fi. The highlight must of been the Facel Vegas I have never seen so many and if that lottery win comes in an HK500 will come my way