Rover 213 love

Station

Does anyone know what engines these things take. Are there any chances of 16v/K-series upgrades?

The 213 had a Honda engine, as in the Civic, the 216 had a BL s-series engine the same as in the Montego and later Maestros. Father-in-law's last car was a 213SE, very refined and smooth to drive, with nice velour seats; pity about the rust though. Rear wheel arches, sills and surrounding areas were the worst parts on his one.

I reckon film expiry dates are for actually taking the photo, I think with the correct storage you can store negatives pretty much indefinitely.

Thanks, that's good to know - I feel much better about it now. I thought they were a lost cause! Now all I've got to do is locate the carrier bag that contained them all! Gonna be expensive though, they're a mixture of 25s & 40s & at about 4 or 5 quid per film (?) I'll be looking at ...err... £300-400 to get them all done! :shock:

Does anyone know what engines these things take. Are there any chances of 16v/K-series upgrades?

The 213 had a Honda engine, as in the Civic, the 216 had a BL s-series engine the same as in the Montego and later Maestros. Father-in-law's last car was a 213SE, very refined and smooth to drive, with nice velour seats; pity about the rust though. Rear wheel arches, sills and surrounding areas were the worst parts on his one.
Are there any swaps available though, will the K-series or an Honda engines 'go straight in'?

2 litre 8 valve on a carb from an 820e goes in pretty easy. Think it's the O series (as opposed to the M or T). Rapid. In 1990 me, a mate and his brother fitted one to a facelift 216S.Got a whole lotta love for these cars.