Renault Fuego TURBO project for sale

doubleyeller

It's been sitting for ages.

However, it's surprisingly solid. I couldn't find anything seriously rusted underneath.

The only rot is on the NS front wing underneath the bonnet, a perfectly straight panel, easy to fix.

The wings are bolted on.

It needs front and rear brakes completely rebuilt, obvs. new tyres.

The engine isn't seized, oil and spark plugs look actually good. But the carb is totally fubared.

We couldn't get it to run since we can't get the impulse to the starter motor. The ignition comes on, however.

But presumably there is a fault in the starting circuit, since the dash lights and fuel pump also don't come on.

Could be as easy as the ignition switch and as complicated as some relay circuit related shit.

Or the Renault wiring loom smoke has escaped.

Most other electrics work, windows, lights, wipers, etc.

Given a halfways decent infrastructure to work on it, it wouldn't be too difficult to get it back on the road.

And being a turbo it's a rare as they get; I've no figures but I reckon the turbo was a fraction of what was sold new; I've never even seen one and Fuegos weren't rare here in the 80s

It's a 1647 turbo rather than the 5s, isn't it? Anybody know how they compare power wise? Why did Renault use a different engine in a similar series of car? (Ive owned 5s, 9s, 11s, 18s and 19s in slower flavours and their shared history's shone through)

I so wanted this but there was opposition and with so many projects another was daft, wasn't it! 

In 1980 at the Motorshow I saw a Fuego for the first time, it was love at first sight and I was in a position to buy one. So off to the Renault dealer in High Wycombe in January 81 and decided I would buy a 2.0 TX but needed a rear parcelshelf and they wanted £58 for something I felt should be there. As it was a new model no discount and they would not even chuck in the parcel shaft, so I didn't buy it.

Fast forward to 2004 - I had a Fuego, beautiful 24k miles, but just a GTS with no power steering. The car was living outside and Mrs6C was concerned with how quickly it would rust away so I sold it and thought I would buy a 2.0 TX with power steering one day!

post-4787-0-88555900-1508179223_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-83651600-1508179257_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-07315600-1508179285_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-93427500-1508179300_thumb.jpg