Very White Rover swapped for Very Blue Rover (what is it with blue Rovers).

purplebargeken

There was a potential swappage in the offing from a very, very nice chap from this very forum for something of a similar size and age, but French.

Looked uber wafty and comfy too. Sadly the insurance gremlins decided that they wouldn't like to insure it under my classic policy despite it being of a suitable age and so on. That old 'what is a classic car and what is just an old banger' cherry again. Hey ho. 

So, back to square one. I think I need something along the same size as the Rover just because it's nice to have a larger car sometimes. The i10 is smoll and a bit choppy 'cos short. Rover by comparison is still rather comfy.

Back to ze board of drawing for now.

Just to say........... this place and all that  :D

I honestly reckon you should just run that little vario 340. They are characterful things, propelled by French and easy to look after.

The most famous of breakers is but 5 minutes from my house, and I’d be only too happy to help out with any bits required.

Come on man. Sell the Raver if needs be, but I wouldn’t bother with another unknown car when you’ve got something suitable on fleet already.

Cheers mate.

Rover is still available to purchase or swap (sadly).

Classic insurance means that I am a bit limited as to what would be suitable. For some reasons they don't like wafty French chod but wafty Swedish chod was fine. Go figure.

The leg thing is looking especially shit so if anyone has something that may be suitable then please get in touch. It would be sad to see Rover go but not much choice to be honest, even my walking is getting more shit by the day.

Cheers folks.

Wow man, is this still here, surely someone has something to swap? I'd offer my Rover Sterling but it needs some welding to the sills, a radiator and an MOT all of which I've no time or money for and I'm sure it'll cause you more pain than your current Rover. It does still drive though, just.

It's a shame it's not in rude health itself otherwise you could feel like some well-to-do MP from the late 90s driving around Westminster in it.

Ken, eddyramrod reminded me yer looking for a cheap Badermatic - here's a quality* offering from Bumtree I'd spotted and added onto the tat thread

$_86.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda/april-2018-mot-18-service-stamps-64000-mls-automatic-civic-%C2%A3350/1273654429

Any good ?

Sigh. Okay, here we go. Paypal is the way and when all the little numbers have been taken I will circulate the address.

4. Blakey79 (random)

12. Angus Toledo (random)

14. Pandamonium (random)

25. Slartibartfast (random)

36. Drum (random)

42. New Pod (random)

46. blguy1975 (random)

Bon Chance.