A capella. 1989 Mazda 626 content

RobT

I'll have a search of a couple of yards locally that have some serious old shite in the very back rows on the, very slim,  off chance there is one of these in

Cheers! Not many places like that around here, so I might use it as an excuse to head out one weekend in search of a few shite laden yards.

Seeing as the door opens I probably will go the tarp and gaffer tape route, as at the very least I'd like get a new test on it so I can feel some progress is being made.  Cavalier MoT is first priority though, that goes in next week and needs a few quid spent.

That's rubbish luck, I heard distant swearing the other evening and wondered where it was coming from. However, and I mean this with empathy, it's 'good' to read that others suffer the same frustrating situations as me because sometimes I feel like everyone else avoids these sort of problems except me!

If you can't get glass immediately and want a more secure fix if you know the size/shape I might be able to get some clear acrylic from work. Let me know

That's the model before unfortunately.  I've joined a couple of Mazda forums so hopefully I might get pointers on where to look from there.

That's rubbish luck, I heard distant swearing the other evening and wondered where it was coming from. However, and I mean this with empathy, it's 'good' to read that others suffer the same frustrating situations as me because sometimes I feel like everyone else avoids these sort of problems except me!

If you can't get glass immediately and want a more secure fix if you know the size/shape I might be able to get some clear acrylic from work. Let me know

Must admit my heart sank after I finished swearing, considering how unobtanium the panel is.  Now I know why I tend to avoid Jap stuff and stick to Euro chod.

Might take you up on that offer, as it'll be better than a shitty tarp!  Fortunately it's in the garage so I don't have urgent worries about security and lack of windowage. 

I bet you can get one from Australia.  Postage won't be cheap, mind.

I was looking in the early hours and did find one in Oz it was about $40 AUS, but when I put UK in their postage calculator it indicates they don't post to the UK... .http://www.autoglasswarehouse.com.au/shop/mazda-626-cb-4dr-sedan-passenger-side-left-rear-door-glass-2776

Also there's someone located in Oz selling door glass  for a later 626 on eBay and they want £50 odd postage !

Wouldn't have thought that was the going rate though surely?

France might also be a possible source as there's a fair few complete 626s of that era for sale on Leboncoin.

I was looking in the early hours and did find one in Oz it was about $40 AUS, but when I put UK in their postage calculator it indicates they don't post to the UK... .http://www.autoglasswarehouse.com.au/shop/mazda-626-cb-4dr-sedan-passenger-side-left-rear-door-glass-2776

Also there's someone located in Oz selling door glass  for a later 626 on eBay and they want £50 odd postage !

Wouldn't have thought that was the going rate though surely?

France might also be a possible source as there's a fair few complete 626s of that era for sale on Leboncoin.

I found that site too.  The one I'd need is actually $85, but it's academic seeing as they won't ship to the UK (chances of it surviving the journey is slim even if they did...)

I found that site too.  The one I'd need is actually $85, but it's academic seeing as they won't ship to the UK (chances of it surviving the journey is slim even if they did...)

Ahh that's a pity,twice the price plus postage...!

Might've been worth it otherwise, but even if they agreed to post you're probs looking at the best part of a ton...

I'll keep an eye out

Good luck with your search

Have you been in touch with Autoglass or Uroglas? It might be available off the shelf, you never know

I was about to do that this afternoon but then work got in the way. In the meantime I bodged the window with a piece of cardboard wrapped in a shitty piece of tarp.

post-5013-0-99948100-1508278497_thumb.jpeg

I also fettled the door mechanism so it opens more easily inside and out, so atleast it won't fail the MoT on that. I'll put it in for a test ASAP and if it passes OK I might just pucker up and buy that expensive but complete door from Germany than egg found online. I can then get on and use the thing!

Be patient. A breaker will turn up on Ebay before too long. I get Ebay alerts for Mazda 626 related listings and scrappers are listed every few months.  A surprising number of really nice 626s of this generation are listed too. Funny, because I never see them around anymore. I get the alerts because I have the older style RWD 626 (Montrose).

/\ Sensible advice.

I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find one on France, I seem to find at least one of this generation every time I visit. Given where you are that wouldn't be too much of a trip to collect it.

Are hatchback and saloon doors different I wonder? I imagine the former to be more common if so, sadly for you.

/\ Sensible advice.

I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find one on France, I seem to find at least one of this generation every time I visit. Given where you are that wouldn't be too much of a trip to collect it.

Are hatchback and saloon doors different I wonder? I imagine the former to be more common if so, sadly for you.

Usefully, I think all doors are the same.  Looking at various pics they seem so anyway.

The France suggestion is a good one.  I've actually got a trip planned to Amiens in November (just a couple of days) so if I can find a door in northern France that'll be handy.

MoT is booked for next Monday, fingers crossed it won't need much for a pass.  I'll rub down and grease the front and rear brake pipes as they were an advisory last year.

I found this one on leboncoin and it sounded perfect being the correct colour

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto/1321325717.htm?ca=2_s

Googled the location.  Not mainlaind France but Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean.  Bloody typical!

I have found a few others though, so they must have been popular over there.

• 1 month later...