Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Slightly tatty red bling-o for sale. Or Roffle if enough interest.

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Talbot

Talbot

• Full Members
  • 304 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Given that there has been a little bit of interest on here, and there are a few Berlingo-lickers around, it's worth an advert:

2004 NI registration model WCZ5215 if anyone wants to look it up. (actually a NI car, not a personal plate) 2.0HDi 90 with Modutop roof, in red.  186k miles.  No history.  We've owned it for 3 years and it's been utterly reliable in that time.  Has been my wifes car and kiddie taxi for that time.  Has 11 months MOT,  Due 28th August 2018.

Dents, scratches and scrapes on the bodywork, and a fair number of areas where the laquer has split and is coming away.  Interior cleans up well.  Driver's seat is not suffering from the ususal droop on the bolster.  One roof Modutop door has broken hinges (very common).  The passenger-side rear sliding door has an issue with one of the track-runner bearings, meaning it doesn't slide very well.  A replacement roller would fix it.

Engine runs well, gives good economy and is quite sprightly.  Clutch is a little on the tired side and will slip if (heavily) provoked: it's only if you're lead-footed with a gearchange and give it loads of revs before bringing the clutch up and continue to floor it.   Once a gear is engaged it does not slip at all (even full beans up a hill).  It has been like this for the whole time we've owned it and has not got noticeably worse.  You don't even have to be especially careful with it, just don't side-step the clutch at 4000rpm and it's not an issue!

Gearbox is smooth and quiet with the exception of 3rd gear synchro, which is also tired.  Going up the box you just have to give it a bit of time and not rush the gearchange.  Going down the box you can do the same, or a double-declutch allows a quicker change.  Only other mechanical issue is a knocking drop-link, which was advised on an MOT 2 years ago, but not this year... I really should have fixed it, but haven't.

4 fairly good tyres.  Everything works.  Modutop roof is very useful with pockets and trays everywhere, including the overhead bin in the boot, which is brilliantly useful. We've just been on holiday in this car with 5-up, a boot ram-packed full of baggage and a camping trailer on tow (Yes, has a towbar and single 7-pin black socket electrics) and it performed faultlessly, even giving around 50mpg.  It's been an excellent car, but my OH wanted a webasto-roof model, so when one popped up and I bought it, this one is very shortly going to be redundant.

These (facelift 2.0HDI models) seem to make between £500 for a rough one with shortish MOT to £800-£1000 for a tidy one with long MOT.  Given the issues this has, and to another Autoshiter, I would take just below that range.  £450 would drive it away, and I might possibly be persuaded to haggle a little, depends how quickly I get it's replacement on the road.

If there is enough interest in a Roffle, I would do that too.  Assuming all tickets sell, £7.50 a ticket will do just fine.

Images coming shortly.  I haven't got any on this computer.

• Twiggy, stephen01, UltraWomble and 1 other like this

#2 ONLINE   dean36014

dean36014

• Full Members
  • 945 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

I'll start the ball rolling with a random please.

1987 Citroen BX 17RD

1991 Citroen BX TGD

1992 Citroen BX TZD estate

2004 Citroen Xsara Enterprise

#3 OFFLINE   Talbot

Talbot

• Full Members
  • 304 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

While I remember... I could also deliver this if anyone is interested.  Happy to shove it on the A-frame (as shown in the new bling collection thread) and drive it anywhere.  And undoubtedly cheaper than getting the train.

#4 OFFLINE   The Moog

The Moog

• Staff
  • 6,674 posts
  • 27 thanks
  • LocationAccrington .. who the heck are they ...

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Pics will always help.

2000 - Ford Poo ma 
2003 - Getz 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users