Dollywobbler's Lexus - £SOLD

dollywobbler

Spent the morning watching your YouTube channel, I have to say, you're vids are pretty fuggin ace.

Thanks!

Took the ol' girl for a run out to Ironbridge today.

DMqhp_7WAAA2DgY.jpg

Oh I'm liking this car a lot. The stereo is immense. Easily the best listening of Elbow's Live at Abbey Road album I've ever had in a car. Even Mrs DW seems to really like it. Truly, we are epic fail when it comes to the hippy lifestyle.

Nice dash at night too.

DMrhY3bWkAAAk8K.jpg

The rev counter had a bout of not playing, the sunroof is still noisy and the brakes definitely feel a bit juddery at times, but I like it. A lot. This is the waft I've been waiting for ever since I owned a Rover P6B.

It's a really good looking thing this. Personally I think 28 mpg out of something so large is impressive. Plenty of smaller cars (old Volvos for example) drink more with a 2 litre engine. Dare I ask how much it would cost to replace the cam belts and water pump?

Parts, assuming you do tensioners and waterpump, come to £200-250 depending on where you look. Book time for labour is getting on for four hours, assuming all comes apart nicely. Could be worse I reckon. I definitely think it's worth paying, though I am actually going to get them to lift it high first of all, so I can check for any nasty grot. There's a bit in the nearside inner wheelarch, and some crispiness in the offside outer arch. Hoping to get the work done first weekend in November.

Parts, assuming you do tensioners and waterpump, come to £200-250 depending on where you look. Book time for labour is getting on for four hours, assuming all comes apart nicely. Could be worse I reckon. I definitely think it's worth paying, though I am actually going to get them to lift it high first of all, so I can check for any nasty grot. There's a bit in the nearside inner wheelarch, and some crispiness in the offside outer arch. Hoping to get the work done first weekend in November.

Could you not do the job yourself? Obviously it may* be hideously complex and difficult, I have no idea about these. I actually managed to change all three timing belts, water pump and tensioner etc on my KV6 MG ZT outside our static caravan after much pondering and indecisive dithering. It went ok. Although I had a few moments of self doubt and panic.

I can't say I really fancy the job, especially the way the weather has been lately. I'm not sure I've recovered from the Bluebird yet. Way I see it, a belt change adds a pretty decent chunk to the value of the car, so it's worth paying for, and a garage invoice probably adds more comfort than the idea of me having a go.

My Volvo (S1 V70) cost ~£200 in parts for a belt change, and did about 23 mpg. Probably a less complex belt arrangement, but possiblyconsiderably worse access.

Mr & Mrs Hippy, you like meat, have 4 cars, one a V8 luxobarge, you are failing at the groovy lifestyle in an epic way really, you are bonding with this big old Japanese barge atm, your nex challenge is to get Mrs Wobbler to drive it, and scare herself half to death with the V8 POWAH!

If you've got a large car with a big engine and you're constantly totting up fuel mileage, you've got the wrong car.

Doesn't matter what car I'm driving, I like to know what the MPG is. I don't work it out all the time on all of the motors on the fleet, but I do like to keep an eye on it. 

Good to see Mason getting some love again. I had many fun times dicking around Aberdeen & shire with him...the look on peoples faces seeing two LS400's in convoy was fun.  :mrgreen:

post-19988-0-67288200-1508709609_thumb.jpg

post-19988-0-61247600-1508709724_thumb.jpg

Despite her flaws, you cant help but love it. 

Yup. I was a passenger once when 17-Coffees brimmed his LS400 from the warning light with premium. Nutter.

Was that the time I accidentally put a full tank of Shell V-POWWWWAH in it?  <_< That fair raped my wallet...