Dollywobbler's Lexus - £SOLD

dollywobbler

I'd definitely risk another £1x ticket on an ls400. The last £13 one sold out pretty quick, and that had known 'interesting' providence. This one has had several careful owners in it's recent past, and isn't as far north.

If I could afford 

1. The fuel

2. The fucking insurance I would.

That said I will ensure some folks I know locally are informed :)

You'd be hard pressed to find a more economical V8. Or one as cheap to insure.

O GOD NO.

NO.

NO!!

<whimper>

There are no acceptable excuses.

GIB!

Despite the gingerless front end, I don't think this car is really doing it for me. It has survived six months on the fleet, so that's impressive, but love is not in the air. Pretty much every drive I have in it is tainted by the fact 'it's just too big.' It fits on tiny Welsh mountain roads about as well as King Kong in a bobsleigh. And handles about the same.

In other words, yes, I'm concluding that it wasn't worth me forking out for the cambelt change. This is likely to become someone else's bargain.

Things I like:

The windscreen wipers

The bass response from the stereo

Cruise control

Noise

Surprising economy

Things I dislike

The handling

The size

Cow

Wind noise from the sunroof

Did I mention the size?

So, I think the time may have come. Though I hate selling cars, and so this isn't quite a for sale post. It nearly is though.

Cow ????

A bit late but how did you get to the plugs in the rear bank? Cam belt and water pump is simple enough.

Bit of a late reply.

I accessed the rear plugs by paying a very nice man in a boiler suit to do it for me.

I already have a massive, complicated, thirsty Lexus, why am I thinking about buying another I dont need.

Because V8.

Bugger! I like this car, I want this car, I NEED this car.

But I have three already so I may need to shift a few... unless a deal could be done with either a KIA or a Mazda?

No? Didn't think so :(

Mk1 Eunos wasn't it? Hmmm....

I would definitely buy this car if I hadn't done so once already.

OK so I won it, same thing!

Does it come with gingercators?

It can come with gingercators. If you're completely crazy like. I mean, it looks amazing now!

Bugger! I like this car, I want this car, I NEED this car.

But I have three already so I may need to shift a few... unless a deal could be done with either a KIA or a Mazda?

No? Didn't think so :(

The reality is, this car is probably a worthy contender to the Dollop really. Not quite as refined, as fast or as luxurious but 95% of the way there. But at 10% of the running costs.

I assume you've done the MX5 thing before DW? xtriples is interesting because its an Auto. I've always wondered what an auto MX5 must be like to drive. I imagine it changes the dynamics and style of it a fair bit.

I assume you've done the MX5 thing before DW? xtriples is interesting because its an Auto. I've always wondered what an auto MX5 must be like to drive. I imagine it changes the dynamics and style of it a fair bit.

I never have, but the last one I drove was Ngleeds (If I got that right)'s Eunos auto in an Autotest. It was huge fun.

If you never have, then I'd say definitely do it. Plus even if you don't like it, summer is arriving and it'll shift on again easy enough. Plus windy welsh roads, in a 2 seat sports car in Spring+Summer... you can't have it better imo.

I have contemplated selling my MGB and getting another Mx5. Not just because I haven't really bonded with the MGB (yet?) but also I really miss the mk1 MX5 we had (plus it would be confirming that the advice I ignored was a mistake :P ). I even washed it on a Friday afternoon after work every other week I liked to be with it so much. For me to wash a car by hand at all is pretty remarkable.