Dollywobbler's Lexus - £SOLD

dollywobbler

New plugs are in. Discovered why I was having trouble getting the plugs out. The bit of rubber from the socket had got stuck on one of the plugs. This took over an HOUR to sort out. Overhead camshafts are a stupid idea.

Did it do the trick? You be the judge.

https://twitter.com/HubNutVids/status/941686764393070594

Fired up after a few, nervous cranks. The plugs in it had been there for over two years, and have been around Knockhill and done Crail. They were all minging. £78 later and I wept quietly to myself and fitted a nice set of Iridium plugs.

I'd say hopefully that's it for a while, but I know it really needs new dampers, new springs and new front brakes...

Iridium / platinum plugs are good for 60k at least

Ah crap. I'd better do 60,000 miles in it to test that then. 

I can very nearly imagine me doing that, as it is so nice to waft around in. It is bloody enormous though, which is ridiculous given it very often has just me in it. If I could have a car the size and shape of the Honda, but with a more musical engine and much more comfort, I'd have found perfection.

Borrowed a mate's pit, which made changing the oil a lot easier. I'm giving it a service over the course of gawd knows how long. Air filter looks alright, spark plugs done, oil and filter done. Fuel filter not yet located, brakes not yet inspected. Transmission fluid looks a nice colour and smells pleasant though.

Also wondering if the strange noise it makes under full acceleration is actually the exhaust, with those deleted silencers. I did some testing earlier and can't conclude much other than it sounds awesome...

This morning, I awoke in the dark. It turns out I put on non-matching socks because of this. It is not important. The Lexus started with some uneveness and even a hint of a misfire. I decided to cure it by just ignoring it. This worked. It was VERY damp this morning.

Then it was off to Bridgnorth for work. I stopped for fuel in Knighton, because I was feeling reckless.

DRjwFMTXcAAWDOM.jpg

This garage is amazing. That's an Avenger Tiger trying to peer through the steamy windows.

I put over £80 of fuel in. DISLIKE. After just 350 miles. That's 25mpg. Drat. Must resist that pedal more often.

By the time I reached Bridgnorth, the Lexus was pretty minging.

DRkZVAZX4AAyaQe.jpg

No, it says Yuck.

I went shite-seeing.

DRkgRWLX0AEEvQd.jpg

DRkgiVhX4AYF_VI.jpg

I later saw the Volvo being pushed by several lads. Ace.

More shite.

DRkl3qhWkAEMPoi.jpg

Then back home. I LOVE THE NON-GINERCATORS!

DRlrEeNXcAEYnZ6.jpg

That's about 130 miles covered today. Conclusions: driving this car down a narrow, Shropshire B road is a lot like threading a fish finger into a Smarties tube. It's messy and best avoided. I'm not sure how I've ended up with two Japanese cars with absolutely terrible handling. Why did I sell the Prelude again?

On the plus side, V8. I don't think I'll ever tire of the way this thing deals with overtakes.