Dollywobbler's Lexus - £SOLD

dollywobbler

More danger today! Had to head up to Wrexham for a photoshoot, then drove back into Storm Ophelia's arse. Quite exciting with bits of tree bouncing off the car, while Saharan dust has made an utter mockery of my washing and waxing. Oh well.

22489822_10155801073363200_1793251580251

Wind was even blowing Mason around (co-incidentally, the surname of the previous owner of our house).

Had to fill up again. I still can't quite bring myself to brim the tank, so chucked another 50 litres in, which took it back to halfway. Between the two fills, it had covered around 310 miles, which is roughly 28mpg. I'll take that! I'll also take the overtaking punch. If you really plant it, it'll drop to second and make the scenery very blurry indeed. Then you lift, and it's back to maximum waft. Yes, I think I could get used to this. Especially with Shine 9 blasting out of the speakers via the tape deck. Sound is awesome (Shine 9 is an indie compilation from around 2000, and it's truly excellent). Maybe that sub is working after all.

I'm on the road again on Wednesday, and while I was intending to take the Honda, it's going to be hard to say no to the Lexus...

Had to fill up again. I still can't quite bring myself to brim the tank, so chucked another 50 litres in, which took it back to halfway...

I never brimmed it, putting in whatever £60 got me at the time. I was genuinely frightened to test the car's capacity to take fuel aboard.

I'm quite sure a three figure fuel bill was entirely plausible.

I'm only running 95RON. With that, and current prices, there's no way I could go triple figure. 85 litre tank would be £96, and that's if I could get the tank empty in the first place - I doubt I could have got more than 70 litres in today, even though the needle was just above empty.  (fuel light not yet on)

Shine 9 is an indie compilation from around 2000, and it's truly excellent.

I have this, and remember it well as one of the first albums I bought following a break-in on the Stellar, in which all bar one of my CDs were stolen. Almost completely wiping out my entire music collection :-( That would date it to late summer 1997 I reckon?

I have this, and remember it well as one of the first albums I bought following a break-in on the Stellar, in which all bar one of my CDs were stolen. Almost completely wiping out my entire music collection :-( That would date it to late summer 1997 I reckon?

Yes, the compilation was 1997, but I seem to recall I bought it in a bargain bucket somewhere a couple of years later. 

My dad once filled my xm's petrol tank at a service station on the m6, that was north of £100!

Only got me just over 400 miles too...

When I bought my XM (much missed) in about 1997/8 I went to fill up. £75! I thought there was a hole in the bottom. 17 gallon tank as I remember. Huge range on a run, not so good round town.

One's too many, ten's not enough!

I put an £80 alternator on a free Volvo, and THEN filled it with fuel. More fool me...

I spent £650 getting a free goona2 through a MOT.

A month later it shat it's body ecu...