HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

Safe trip HMC - if you need anything Brussels way - just shout - 00 THREE TWO - FOUR 76 06 88 30   - same goes for anyone travelling by - or flying from Brussels or Charleroi...… open doors as always.

Frohest fest! Hertzlichen Gluckwunsch …….und und und…….. (spellcheck not bothered with)

Thanks for your well wishes! Yes made it there. The Range Rover did well, haven’t stopped listening out for scary noises, but it averaged just shy of 30mpg over the trip, and over a 20 minute stretch at an indicated 110mph (not flat out but probably not far off) it averaged 16 MPG for just that bit!

post-4673-0-70670700-1545662926_thumb.jpeg

Considering the circumstances, everyone is being nice too, I must admit for a second I identified with Teresa May on one of her Brussels trips but thankfully I needn’t have worried.

Merry Christmas shiters!

My turn to put a Range Rover TD6 reliability to the test, I have to take a fridge to Wales this morning so the obvious choice is the RR!

Not to give HMC's RR any ideas the results are in Six cylinder Motoring Notes!

http://autoshite.com/topic/19386-six-cylinders-motoring-notes-2004-2005-2006-2007/page-110?do=findComment&comment=1697924

• 2 weeks later...

This Range Rover tended to run cool. Alas it’s got 3 bloomin thermostats (EGR, transmission and main) so potentially a PITA to diagnose. Plus the main is wrapped around the water pump. No thanks.

I removed the EGR coolant circuit and deleted the EGR itself. Thats one thermostat gone. I also copied a common rover 75 diesel mod by fitting a Renault 5 thermostat in the top hose ( not the same engine, but similar architecture as they are both BMW units) result is it now it warms up properly. I celebrated by going to the supermarket where a more valuable cousin parked next to it.....

post-4673-0-41511700-1546709802_thumb.jpeg

• 1 month later...

OK, in brief I am going through a divorce and was aiming to get a house to move on in my life and share custody of the 2 HMC juniors. Alas the house purchase also went wrong following a survey and I’ve wound up at a flat above my work premises. I’m ditching the sensible fiesta tomoz as my prospective commute is a walk down some steps rather than a 45 minute slog in a car.

I’ve got this currently also

post-4673-0-48191400-1551473065_thumb.jpeg

Former minibus now basic camper prefacelift sprinter with a n/a om601 slugger, I’ll post up some more pics tomorrow in all its glory*

And contemplating a 1990 Carlton cdx or a 2004 Mini Cooper s, any guesses which will be in the fleet shot on Sunday?