HMC- AUTOSHITE 2.0

HMC

Wonder what happened to yours? Wasn’t it spotted more recently?

The Mondeo happens to have all season tyres already fitted and has actual working A/C. I recon this might be our transport on our next trip to Germany. Also where were mk2 Mondeos built? (I thought possibly Ghent) I fancy doing a factory side photo, though suspect I will be detained as a suspected terrorist these days.

What’s the collective verdict on this Sierra? Something about it- the trims, the colour and spec and of course the sloth like 2.3 indenor that I’ve already had the pleasure of in a rotten pug 504. Sorry I’m shit at doing proper links if someone could sort one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SIERRA-2-3-D-GL-/392112944185

PLus anyone fancy driving this one back to Devon for me?

I know a bit about that car. A serial pauper on the FB page agreed to buy it, paying something like £200 a month until he’d cleared the balance of £1500. Then he couldn’t pay. Then he got the arse when the vendor listed it for sale.

It’s worth about £13-1600. It’s been on a few times which will hopefully dissuade some.

They’re abysmally slow. About 25 seconds to 60. But it’ll plod on forever; completely irrelevant when you’ll have sold it by the time you’ve got it into 5th gear.

Do it man. Do it.

I imagine they're properly miserable to drive.  Back in the 90's I remember the diesels aways seemed to be the most hanging.  This was pre turbo's xud when diesels started to become even mildly desirable so you had to be a taxi driver or a right tight fisted bastard (no offence dean36014) :) to put up with it. In fact I don't think I've seen one in anything above L spec so that must be really rare.

I think that looks quite good.  The inner wings look ok and generally go around the struts when they are bad.  I for one would want to look at it though.  How many times have we seen cars that look great in photos and disappoint?  Not that I'm saying anything bad about it - it looks remarkably original and there must be the smallest handful of these left.  Be interesting to know how it has managed to last so well, as most of that age were Dagenham made and (sorry) did not last well.  And no-one bought a diesel in 1984 other than to do miles.

Sierraman is right thought - the diff in these is worth a packet so someone might buy that for it.  High chance of it being modded frankly.

Edit, had another look.  If someone was trying to make that look better than it is, they'd have done something about the sticker residue on the back.  That at least makes me more optimistic.  I'd still want to see it!