Focus ST £300

RobT

Not mine, but a neighbour wants rid of his ST as it's overheating and he's done with it. The garage he took it to for diagnosis were useless by all accounts, so he just wants to cut his losses. I had a look and there's none of the usual signs of HGF, so it could just be a simple fix.

If you're interested PM me and I'll forward his details. It still drives, but unless you're within a 6 mile radius of Beckenham, SE London it'll need trailering. Still MoTd I think, not sure how much so I'll check.

post-5013-0-41247500-1507414883_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-12850200-1507414915_thumb.jpeg

post-5013-0-34295100-1507414943_thumb.jpeg

...one for the 'future investment' long term barn storage this; they do turn up at 'small money' - round €800/900 here but they are outta test/hopelessly rotten/manky interiors usually; this one looks 'looveley'... might be just a huge airlock / sealing ring on the exp'tank gone hard or something simple like that...

Ooof. If it's still around on Thursday I'll find somewhere to hide it.

Edit: re-reading this post that possibly doesn't sound enough like a serious offer- it is. I hope it goes to someone more competent than me in the meantime but I have £300 and I live <6 miles away so for gawds sake don't let it get fragged in the meantime please :) .

A former colleague of mine has over 200K on his (also silver) and it still looks good and runs superbly. I like them and I'm not even a Ford-guy. As DA says, this will follow in the footsteps of all hot or even warmed-up Fords of the past in a few years. Worth repairing for sure, failing that, the wheels, brakes, interior etc. will sell for several times the asking price.

Had I not just spent all my available cash on tbe latest mystery* purchase, I'd have been looking for ways of getting this far enough away from collection that Green Flag could help me out.

Unfortunately, I have resumed tbe piston of skint. Unless your neighbour wants to swap it for a 306 DTurbo. (Serious offer btw)

It'll likely be the thermostat that's gone.  Someone should definately but this.  I've got one and it's a bloody hoot.

However, they do have an appetite for the clutch and gear cables.  The gear cables are exclusive to this car and without them being good, it feels horrible  The clutch isn't a fun job, and being a DMF jobbie, it's expensive as you end up doing the £100 slave cylinder, the £400 flywheel and clutch and as a result plenty are broken up for spares.

Looks well though that one.  I'm yet to see a better looking wheel on these than the stock ones too.

Replied to a few PMs this morning. Sorry for the delay, was at a wedding all day yesterday. Bit worse for wear today...

I forgot to say my neighbour suspects the garage damaged the thermostat on purpose when he demanded the car back, as it looks all munched up (as if a screwdriver has been shoved in there or something). I did suggest it could be that but he's a busy bloke and just wants it gone. I was tempted myself but even if it's a cheap fix the insurance will be mega money.

MoT expired in July, which makes it slightly less appealing. Reg is EG03HVJ.

I did suggest he contacts a Ford breaker as there's money in it for them, but he never heard back.

I was initially baulking at the lack of MOT on this, but my mate has just rented a new house with a drive and he has actually asked me to park a car there, as he thinks it'll deter burglars. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I'm negotiating with Rob's Neighbour via text message.

Anyone know a beavertail operator in the SE London area who can move it for me? It needs to go to Mottingham (near Eltham), a distance of 7 miles according to Google Maps. I've no idea what the going rate for car moves is, I guess I'll do some phoning around and also get a quote from Shiply...

Replied to a few PMs this morning. Sorry for the delay, was at a wedding all day yesterday. Bit worse for wear today...

I forgot to say my neighbour suspects the garage damaged the thermostat on purpose when he demanded the car back, as it looks all munched up (as if a screwdriver has been shoved in there or something). 

the thermostats do jam closed,i have a window frame fixing hammered into mine to jam it open,its been fine for the last 6 months.