Seat Toledo TDI PD 130 2004 £300

dieselnutjob

This car was originally bought nearly new by my parents, I think it was a dealer demonstrator car.

My parents had it for approx 6 years and it was Seat dealer serviced for that time.

Six years ago they sold it to a friend of mine.

I did quite a lot of his servicing and I know that that I did a few oil changes all using Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel because it was about the only PD compatible oil that I could find.  Later on when I got to busy to service it my friend continued to make sure that the right oil was used.

Location is Cricklewood.

It's SORNed and parked on his drive.

145,000 miles

Good:

Very reliable

Excellent fuel economy

It's quick

6 speed transmission

Working cold AC

Bodywork is excellent, with only a wierd slight crease in the bonnet that it had when my parents bought it, but you wouldn't notice if I didn't tell you (see pic)

Towbar.  This was dealer fitted when my parents bought it.

I know the history of this car, almost from new.  It's never had anything go wrong with it (apart from the two issues below) and I know it's never had any accidents.

Bad:

Needs a good clean

Rear left passenger door won't lock or unlock. I suspect that the central locking motor has failed.

Rear carpet gets wet

Missing wheel badge

Front tyres are legal but not by much.

It needs a service.

I would honestly get in this this car and drive it anywhere, it doesn't use any fluids and it drives great.

If you need a cheap everyday presentable car, this will be perfect.

It's going because:-

The current owner's wife is increasingly struggling to get in and out of it.

It isn't compliant with the London 2006 rule and so the congestion charge gets really expensive this month, and he goes into the zone regularly.

So they bought a 2 year old C-Max.

DSC_2940.jpg

DSC_2941.jpg

DSC_2942.jpg

DSC_2943.jpg

DSC_2944.jpg

DSC_2945.jpg

DSC_2946.jpg

DSC_2947.jpg

DSC_2948.jpg

DSC_2950.jpg

DSC_2951.jpg

DSC_2952.jpg

DSC_2953.jpg

DSC_2954.jpg

DSC_2955.jpg

DSC_2956.jpg

DSC_2957.jpg

DSC_2958.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

Daft question - does it have cruise control?

Also, is the soggy-rear-carpets problem a "thing" on these like it is on Pisshats?

I believe the Leon and these have issues with leaks around the doors, if memory serves me correctly.

Also: Massive bargain.

Never seen one with cruise.

I think the Passat suffers because the pollen filter blocks doesn't it? These don't do that, you might get a little dribble from the rear door plastic sheet but barely noticeable and doesn't leave a pool like a Passat.

I know the Leon suffered badly from rear door leaks. Cruise possibly easy to retrofit, depending if the wires are there because VAG. If not, most VAG tend not to be too difficult to retrofit the wires in. You'll probably need a VCDS to enable in the ECU it though.

Never seen one with cruise.

I think the Passat suffers because the pollen filter blocks doesn't it? These don't do that, you might get a little dribble from the rear door plastic sheet but barely noticeable and doesn't leave a pool like a Passat.

I think they are better specced than the equivalent VW or Skoda, the SE definitely has cruise

Totalcarcheck says SE.

The presence of cruise control has increased my level of potential interest.  I decided during a recent road trip that I was getting too old to do long distances in noisy old chod and I need something more refined.  I then spent the rest of the trip mentally listing out the criteria for my ideal car - 50pmg plus on a run (so probably diesel), comfortable, reasonably quiet and refined, aircon and cruise control, decent boot, new enough to be decently quick but old enough to be reliable.  This ticks pretty much all the boxes.  I am now sat here hoping that my current eBay bids are unsuccessful so I can buy this instead...

I had a PM almost straight away from a member saying that he wants the car, but not for three weeks, and today another PM from someone saying he wants it straight away.

My feeling is that the second PM is the winner as he is ready to go. The owner isn't keen to have this hanging around for three weeks.

• 2 weeks later...