Bramz fleet. The ever changing procession of mediocrity. Disaster time....

bramz7

I'd say the Glow Plugs as you mentioned are a good call. Had to change them on our 1.7 TD Fiat Fiorino Van last year as they just suddenly went after it been parked up for a few days. It would turn over reasonably well while kicking out some crud but still refuse to fire up.

Could only get at three of them due to one of them being a pita. So fitted the three and gave the battary a overnight charge and it was fine. My Dad told me in the 17 years we had the Van, that the glow plugs only last about 40,000. Did get my friendly garage to sort the one I couldn't fit myself afterwards.

I hope you get the Tempra sorted out as there a rare motor now. The rust doesn't sound so bad either. I wish I only had that amount of rust to fix on my Cavalier when it failed a few years back!

I had a 1989 G reg Tipo 1.4 DGT years ago and is a much missed car, it be a real shame if you break up that LHD Tipo. Quite unusual with the period Fiat accessory side skirts, bumper and spoiler plus the alloys too. I had seen it on ebay and was tempted but just haven't got the room for any more cars .

Though appreciate it not that easy to find them in breakers yards etc these days for parts. 

Nice buy with the Citroen AX, another car that was once everywhere and just seamed to disappear. Saw a AX GT 5dr this week on my travels though and can't remember the last time I'd seen one.

I took that AX for a blast before putting it away and had a great time. Although it's clearly quite slow, it encourages holding silly speeds in each gear (I think I was doing 50mph in second for quite bit of it) and really squeezing every ounce of power out. I'm not used to small cars with small engines but I was impressed how much fun it was chucking it about on some local lanes, but also how surprisingly okay it felt at 70mph on the dual carriageway.

Brakes are horrendous though. Budget for new front discs and pads as a matter of course. Also I think at least one wheel bearing was groaning a bit. Apart from that, brilliant. Would drive again.

Oh yeah the bearing... I did hear it grinding a touch.

Knew you'd like it though. Think you should import one of those various weird specs we never got, or just try and find a 'normal' 1.4, those must be bonkers.

My friend who borrowed the Forte back when he was carless is semi interested in a GT5 on eBay. Naturally I'm telling him to do it.

I took that AX for a blast before putting it away and had a great time. Although it's clearly quite slow, it encourages holding silly speeds in each gear (I think I was doing 50mph in second for quite bit of it) and really squeezing every ounce of power out. I'm not used to small cars with small engines but I was impressed how much fun it was chucking it about on some local lanes, but also how surprisingly okay it felt at 70mph on the dual carriageway.

Brakes are horrendous though. Budget for new front discs and pads as a matter of course. Also I think at least one wheel bearing was groaning a bit. Apart from that, brilliant. Would drive again.

I have the 954cc AX that Sam sold me last year, and could be the one he is referring to (i cant keep up with what you have had!). Its a really capable car that likes to hang on to its revs. It doesn't like holding on to its lacquer though - it's nearly all gone from the roof (a jet wash should see it all gone though).

I bought it to see me through getting to work through the worst of the winter instead of using the bike, but only needed to use it twice. Now winter is over I really don't have a use for it, but will take some convincing for me to sell it, as I've grown quite attached to it and it's excellent heater.

So a week into Stilo ownership and it hasn't grenaded itself just yet. In fact one of the previous owners seems to have had it serviced very regularly, which has no doubt helped it survive a bit longer than most of them. I did have a slight 'oh crap' moment when I stalled it the other day and a 'oil pressure low' warning popped up, supposedly that is normal, thanks for the ruined pants Fiat.

However I'm having a tough time shaking off my insatiable BX cravings. I've been done over by both the (arguably hanging) ones I've had, but they just drive so well it proves difficult to change my mind. I do prefer the petrols however...

I've had the Tipo nearly 10 months now. I worry I'm just not gelling with it though. You know when you pay £££ on upkeeping a car and keeping it inside in winter and you still have that creeping doubt over whether you like it or not? Is that just me?

If I had any money I think I'd be making the guy an offer on this one. It's the least desirable engine for BX-lickers but if you're not doing thousands of miles it probably won't matter too much, and the spec more than makes up for it. Just lovely.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BX-Athena/273110264572?hash=item3f96a3eafc:g:MOUAAOSwKp1aqWMZ

I remember that being on eBay for £750 a few months back and regret not getting it then.

A guy on the BX Club FB page is selling a suitcase engined 14RE and even though it's £1500 more than I have to spend on a car (it's £1500), I really want it.

Hello all.

Unfortunately an impending house move has hit home that I can't afford to restore the Tempra, as well as my inane lust for something else I just can't quite shake the temptation for means it's now up for grabs, and if anyone wants it they can have the spares Tipo DGT with it too.

Tempra:

-The only 1.9D S spec saloon left supposedly, with MOT at least.

-Largely solid. All complete.

-Engine sounds alright when up to temperature.

-Rusty front floor pan on the drivers side, it doesn't look too bad but it would need cutting out in my opinion. 

-Very shabby all over, faded paint, interior is tired to be honest (typical plastic degradation), service history unknown save bushes etc. 

-149k on it, I doubt Fiat ever foresaw one surviving for 24 years. 

-Been biffed up the bum ever so lightly but its definitely pushed it forward a tad, boot floor doesn't look dented however. 

-Very basic inside, and does need new glow plugs IMO.

Tipo DGT.

-Partially pillaged but overall not bad and if someone wants I can probably throw in replacement bits for everything I take, straight from my other Tipo, i.e. the boot, as I am keeping this. 

-Abarth alloys and kit. 

-LHD 

-Has MOT and runs fine. Dashboard works!

-Absolutely hums of dog and is a bit manky inside, not bothered cleaning it. Drivers seat has turned quite dark...

-Not beyond hope and probably a very good base for a restoration or re-engine, but engine has an oil leak (rocker cover I believe) and gearbox is a tad noisy, but otherwise as mentioned, it runs well. 

-4 decent tyres with plenty of tread. 

-Dings and dents all over (and red overspray) but it's not aged half as bad as the Tempra.

For the pair? £400. Quite keen they go together to be honest. 

I'll get some photos tomorrow.

It was either this duo going or my blue Tipo, and that's not going anywhere ever.

It does but you'll want to get it fired up on easy start first of all.

I'd probably get it transported to be honest.

Tipo now available again. I've put them on eBay classifieds for now too. I don't necessarily mind offers but three figure ones please.

Love the Tipo. Mum had a 1.6 dgt years ago and was always great fun when the dash would randomly switch from mph to km/h.

This being an OU bristol reg means that it should still be wearing its Autotrend Ltd Fishponds Rd dealer plates. Unfortunately knocked down and replaced by an Aldi.

Incidently Morrisons which was built across the road is on the site formerly occupied by another famous Bristol landmark - Frank Voisey Skoda!