Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bramz fleet. Update time. Deutsche interloper

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#391 OFFLINE   Jim Bell

Jim Bell

• Full Members
  • 11,143 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationNext door

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

This seems to be the case here, too. Footman James must have become very cautious recently, I dont think I was able to get a single quote from them recently.

Thats probably my fault. I must have started more than 10 policies with them and cancelled them in the cooling off period.

831096.png

#392 OFFLINE   Stinkwheel

Stinkwheel

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 86 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Anyone got a part number for an XU10 non turbo tensioner? Looking on eBay shows more than one...which is no help at all.

What injection system manufacturer is it?  There were 3 different flavours on the XU10 2 litre. Very early was magnetti marelli ( I know this as we've got one and bits for it are massively difficult to find)  then I think it was the usual suspects of bosch and lucas on the others, although I might be wrong on manufacturers. It might mean that fitment of belts, pulleys etc was different. Just a though, might be worth asking on the XM forum (not facebook but the actual forum) 

#393 ONLINE   bramz7

bramz7

• Full Members
  • 2,227 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:01 PM

I'll be honest, I have no idea. The whole thing is a bit stressful as the garage seem to be relying on me for the bits... and the original tensioner is apparently toast.They keep mentioning that it's rusty, and it did seem sat at a very funny angle when I saw it a week or so ago, so I'm hoping that's not a sign the rear subframe is wrecked. Do these suffer odd rear wheel lean when rotten?

1986 Renault 11 Automatic For sale

1991 Citroen XM Prestige

1991 Renault 19 GTS-X

1999 BMW 323i Auto For sale

2001 Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 Mehmobile

buyer of impulse, seller of regret

#394 OFFLINE   Wingz123

Wingz123

• Full Members
  • 821 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

You would be so much better off with a trade policy. As has been said you are ultimately trading them on regardless of whether they are profit/loss. To give you some idea I pay £1100 fully comp WITH nationwide breakdown recovered back to home (included this just incase anything were to happen to the truck) this also includes high performance so am covered on anything from a beetle to a Bugatti Veyron. I am 28

More importantly you will be saving admin fees everytime you add/remove cars. I am able to text the reg and a car is added in under 30 seconds

2002 Audi A6 Avant 1.9TDi PD130

1998 Mitsubishi Space Wagon

2005 Mercedes Sprinter 311CDi Recovery Truck

2007 Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCi

2009 Toyota Avensis T27 Tourer 2.2 D4D

2013 Toyota Prius 1.8 Hybrid

2010 Ford Focus Estate 1.6TDCi Ecomotive

2000 BMW 328ci E46

1998 BMW 523i se E39

#395 OFFLINE   Stinkwheel

Stinkwheel

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 86 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

I'll be honest, I have no idea. The whole thing is a bit stressful as the garage seem to be relying on me for the bits... and the original tensioner is apparently toast.They keep mentioning that it's rusty, and it did seem sat at a very funny angle when I saw it a week or so ago, so I'm hoping that's not a sign the rear subframe is wrecked. Do these suffer odd rear wheel lean when rotten?

No, if the rear wheels lean, it will be rear suspension arm bearings. Not a hard job for a garage with a lift. Arm bearing kits are about 40 quid per side last time I got some.

#396 OFFLINE   Schaefft

Schaefft

• Full Members
  • 667 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationNorth East

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

You would be so much better off with a trade policy. As has been said you are ultimately trading them on regardless of whether they are profit/loss. To give you some idea I pay £1100 fully comp WITH nationwide breakdown recovered back to home (included this just incase anything were to happen to the truck) this also includes high performance so am covered on anything from a beetle to a Bugatti Veyron. I am 28

More importantly you will be saving admin fees everytime you add/remove cars. I am able to text the reg and a car is added in under 30 seconds

Dont you need to be a business owner to get a trade policy?

Sorry for hijacking the thread btw.

1996 BMW E39 540i 6-Speed       - New Arrival, for now in daily Use

1996 BMW E39 528i                      - New upgraded Thermostat Housing, also survived my one-week Trip Death March through Wales!
1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC           - Inoperative until AC Compressor replaced...

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora                - Fuel Filter finally replaced! Still doesn't start...
1993 Renault Safrane V6              - I should really put it in for an MOT...
1992 Toyota Celsior C-Spec          - Now with new Alternator and PS Pump! Finding a Set of Coilovers next!
1991 Opel Senator 3.0 24V           - Now with new Fuel Hoses & Vacuum lines!

#397 OFFLINE   sporty-shite

sporty-shite

Knobjockey

• Full Members
  • 2,976 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationOver here

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:10 PM

Dont you need to be a business owner to get a trade policy?

Sorry for hijacking the thread btw.

No. Declare yourself as part time trading from home. 

some potato headed fanny faced shitberg of a cunt in a silver hatchback

#398 OFFLINE   Jim Bell

Jim Bell

• Full Members
  • 11,143 posts
  • 40 thanks
  • LocationNext door

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Whs^ but trade policies are through the roof these days too. For me anyway. I get quoted around 2 grand for no high performance, no trade plates, under 12 cars a year.

831096.png

#399 OFFLINE   Wingz123

Wingz123

• Full Members
  • 821 posts
  • 23 thanks
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

I am a business owner but all you would state to them in your case would be that you are a part time trader from home.

If they ask for proof of sales then get creative with a pad and pen...

2002 Audi A6 Avant 1.9TDi PD130

1998 Mitsubishi Space Wagon

2005 Mercedes Sprinter 311CDi Recovery Truck

2007 Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCi

2009 Toyota Avensis T27 Tourer 2.2 D4D

2013 Toyota Prius 1.8 Hybrid

2010 Ford Focus Estate 1.6TDCi Ecomotive

2000 BMW 328ci E46

1998 BMW 523i se E39

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users