BMW 318 touring. Ideal WBOD?

stephen01

You may remember this one from this thread http://autoshite.com/topic/28958-e46-318i-auto-touring-automatic-11-months-mot-£325/

I think the time has come to move this on for the reason that it's to nice to use while I'm renovating my house, I know it's only an 'old' 318 and they're ten a penny but it just seems a shame to ruin a straight example. Pictures stolen from the above thread.

In the time I've had it I've done shy of 1k trouble free motoring in it, 2.0 automatic is returning a respectable 25 mpg's around doors and 40 on a run when I picked it up. The 2.0 is not going to set the world on fire for performance but pulls along nicely enough. I've used the car every day, bar my two week holiday, no problems whatsoever.

It's exactly the same as when I picked it up, has a couple of small issues, CL only works on key, electric windows a bit crap, A/C not working, rear parking sensors not working, but it's a £300 16 year old BMW. in saying this it drives lovely NO nasty bangs, it really is a decent drive and you'd be hard pressed to know it was 16 years old! it does have a small oil leak as noted on the MOT but I've not had to top the oil up in the last 900 miles..

MOT check away to your heats content. taxed to get you home.

V5 is in my name, I'm looking for £300, not really looking to take any offers on this as i'm sure you'll agree it's a bit of a bargain. Ideal WBOD..

Typical ebay knob head talk but I'm happy to keep this if it doesn't sell and run it round till the MOT runs out and then sell it as 'OMG barn find' it just seems a shame as it's pretty tidy.

post-3069-0-12638300-1500999521.jpg

post-3069-0-18872700-1500999527.jpg

post-3069-0-80723200-1500999532.jpg

Can I come and have a look tomorrow afternoon? I'm only down the road.

Thanks

drop me a PM with your details and we can arrange.. 

I've literally just had to go for a quick slow blezz in the 850, just to convince myself that the extra 10mpg and stunning appearance wouldn't be worth it. I think it worked.  :neutral:

Are you sure? the money you save in petrol it will pay for it's self! 

Honestly it's a decent car, as with all cars that have done 161k and are 16 years old it has a few things that need sorting out but nothing that stops you using and enjoying it. 

300 quid for a clean 318i Touring auto with leather and 10-11 months MOT?

Jesus.  :shock:

Stick it on Ebay as a classified ad for £595, it'll sell.

it is true, however I'd rather sell via the Forum where the bulk of people understand it's a cheap motor and don't expect the earth for a £300 car. ​Also as I had a bargain on it, I'd like to pass that back onto someone who perhaps missed out last time. 

​My motto now is sell via the forum, with a donation towards running cost, or run it and scrap it, I hate selling cars in general, especially cheap ones as it just attracts the absolutes dregs from ebay and such sites, at least here people understand it's one months PCP payment.