Audi A4 TDI Sport 1998 £200 (Full tank of diesel included!)

doubleyeller

Hi  folks,

My A4 has had a new alternator, but now she needs a new auxilliary belt and tensioner. It has about 6 weeks MOT left, and a full tank of diesel. Sadly I don't have the money to either repair her or to keep running her (gone to Uni) It's on 270k, but has had a fortune spent on it by it's previous owner, and runs as sweet as a nut, clutch, gearbox, engine, tyres are all in good order. I've completed 15,000 miles in her, and the alternator is the first issue I've had. It's the Sport version, so alloy wheels etc. 

R990 YWF, any takers? It's in such lovely order it would be a crying shame to send it over the bridge now for the sake of the £100 it needs spending on it. No photos of my own as yet, although there are a few fleeting glimpses on the "Famous Fuego" thread!

located in Shipley, West Yorkshire

Access is pretty decent, the tensioner is held on with one bolt, it's just a bit buried under the alternator. I think I did it without taking the alternator off but it's been a while since I had mine.

100 quid would probably cover a garage doing it, the tensioners are £35 on eBay.

Hi folks,

Sorry if it disappoints anybody, but I agreed a deal with my mate to sell him this last night. He is a mechanic and will be doing the job as a way of him making a profit when he sells the car on. If anybody is keen on having it still it will obviously be for sale once he's done the work, I imagine around the £400 mark. It will certainly be a massive bargain at such a price, it has been phenomenally economical and reliable.