I has bought a Jaaaaaaaag.... S Type. Now collected with photo's!

0ldCh0d

Hi All,  Tonight I did something that I do not normally do..... I went & saw & then Bought a Jaguar......An S Type in 3.0 V6 Flavour.....2003, 53 Reg. Automatic, Finished in nice Metallic Blue.

It has done 117 odd thousand miles & has some MOT left until the end of the month.

Lovely inside, with the half wood & leather trim steering wheel, working parking sensors etc.

No warning lights on (apart from low fuel).

It was bought for the price of a brand new tumble dryer...Less than £200.

It starts & runs lovely & it also seemed to move alright in the very very brief test drive that I had of it.

I had a quick peek underneath it & it seems solid enough (I know about the sills, rear subframe etc) & It has had a small tickle with a welder last year, but the M.O,T History is free from mentions of OMG SEVERE CRUSTINESS.

Unfortunately, as much as I have done the deal & bought it, I have not picked it up yet (Which will be probably Friday/Saturday) & no, it was NOT an Ebay special, it was bought from a private seller.

Pictures will follow, just not tonight.

I must add, I am a serial three pointed star licker & that will not ever change, however, having previously had a 3.0 S Type years ago, this was too cheap to say no to & if I must confess, These are lovely cars to drive & pretty quick as well in 3.0 flavour.

If anyone wishes to tell me that I am stupid buying one of these now, please feel free....But there was just something about it that I could not really say no...

Pictures to follow upon collection.

Top work. My early 3 litre manual was most enjoyable.

I had not planned to buy any car today/tonight, but this came up & I thought it was worth a look. I am glad I did. This is an Auto...I have never drove a manual Jaguar before. Manual Mercedes, drove them Yes...But Mercedes are best as Automatics IMO & because of that, I think the Jag is best in Automatic flavour.

Did you have any hassle with your one?

They're actually really nice to drive, I think achille's heels are autoboxes and electric windows, but there's probably more.

TBH, for sub £200, it's an absolute no brainer.

I had a very brief test drive, however, the box itself felt good, no laziness or funny noises/clunks etc. & there was no fight to get it into D or R.

As you say, for less than a new tumble dryer, it was a no brainer.

I've had mine for 10k miles now........had a top hose blow a piece of plastic out.....apparently they are do that.

Nice car as a daily.......I like it more that then e39 I had

I remember the one I had as a daily years ago, It liked a drink, but the get up & go was addictive... it's 243 BHP on the 3.0 V6 as standard....That is More than the 218 BHP from the Mercedes 3.2 V6 Engines.

243 BHP for less than £200....Not to be sniffed at...lol.

I've had mine for 10k miles now........had a top hose blow a piece of plastic out.....apparently they are do that.

Nice car as a daily.......I like it more that then e39 I had

Mine did that, well I say mine, it was Mrs N's pride and joy.

I did it whilst keeping close company with swiftly progressing mk3 Focus ST at 3 in the morning in December on the Leighton Buzzard by-pass. You can imagine what I thought when I saw the massive cloud in the mirror at more than twice the limit. I've never been so relieved to realise it was steam. The bloke in the Asbomobile was probably pissing himself laughing.

I have had 2 over the years,A 3.0 ltr se auto and a type-r.

The 3.0 ltr had a battery drain problem,that if double locked with the remote it would drain the battery.Cured by carrying a battery booster pack from aldi in the boot.Great car around 21 mpg had it down to 9 with a little spirited driving.

On whole well done that man. 

Hnnnng. I have a 'must-own-Jaguar' bug that is as strong as the 'must-own-V8' bug which ended me up with Mason (I wonder what happened to him?).

An S-Type ticks all the boxes but as I can't do jack with a spanner and given my budget would stretch to a leggy 2003/2004 model, it would seem wildly inappropriate given they appear to be more 'quirky' with issues than an LS400 was.

Unless I can find an under-priced giffer owned dry-stored beauty, of course.

Sorry for the delay in posting back, I have been very busy. However, After a little bit of waiting....Here is THE ACTUAL car I bought...

The pictures are a bit shit, & No, that is NOT scratches on the left doors, it's a reflection of the next door neighbours trampoline.

Better pictures to follow, as It really does need a good wash & polish etc.

However, it drives fantastic, very very smooth. Gear changes are silky smooth. & it smells like a Jaguar inside. Just Lovely.

I will update with pictures once it is proper clean & shiney 

Also, It has had a private number on it, hence the missing front plate, the private number did not come with the car, but the rear number plate (Jaguar S Type Shape) is proper stuck on & I don't know how to get it off, so any suggestions welcome.

Overall.......I am well chuffed with it, considering how cheap it was. & it is in much better condition than I originally thought it was when I went to see it/buy it.

Also.....How to I edit the thread title? As it has been collected etc..

post-20267-0-38655200-1507489066_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-30435900-1507489103_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-09877300-1507489132_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-16957100-1507489154_thumb.jpg

post-20267-0-40958400-1507489172_thumb.jpg